Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Social foundations of thought and action. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1986
- The health belief model.Health Educ Q. 1984; 11: 11-47
- Understanding attitudes and social behavior. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1980
- Stages and processes of self-change of smoking.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1983; 51: 390-395
- In search of how people change. Applications to addictive behaviors.Am Psychol. 1992; 47: 1102-1114
- The precaution adoption process.Health Psychol. 1988; 7: 355-386
- Motivational interviewing with problem drinkers.Behav Psychother. 1983; 11: 147-172
- Enhancing motivation for change in problem drinking.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1993; 61: 455-461
- Motivational interviewing. Guilford Press, New York1991
- Motivational interviewing with problem drinkers II.Behav Psychother. 1988; 16: 251-268
- What is motivational interviewing?.Behav Cognitive Psychother. 1995; 23: 325-334
- Health behavior change. Churchill Livingston, Edinburgh, Scotland1999
- The addictive behaviors. Pergamon Press, New York1980
- Reduction of environmental tobacco smoke exposure among asthmatic children.Chest. 1994; 106: 440-446
- Adding spirometry, carbon monoxide, and pulmonary symptom results to smoking cessation counseling.J Gen Intern Med. 1990; 5: 16-22
Fiore M. AHCPR smoking cessation guideline: a fundamental review. Tob Control 1997(suppl 6):S4–S8.
Emmons KM, Hammond SK, Fava JL, Velicer WF, Evans JL, Monroe AD. A randomized trial to reduce passive smoke exposure in low income households with young children. Pediatrics. In press.
- Negotiating behaviour change in medical settings.J Ment Health. 1992; 1: 25-37
- Effects of brief counseling among male heavy drinkers identified on general hospital wards.Drug Alcohol Rev. 1996; 15: 29-38
- Drinking patterns and health. Center for Health Research, Portland, OR1995
- Helping smokers make decisions.Patient Educ Couns. 1997; 31: 191-203
- Motivational counseling versus belief advice for smokers in general practice.Br J Gen Pract. 1999; 49: 611-616
D’Onofrio G, Bernstein E, Rollnick S. Motivating patients for change: a brief strategy for negotiation. In: Bernstein E, Bernstein J, eds. Case studies in emergency medicine and the health of the public. Boston, MA: Jones and Bartlett, 1996: Unit IV, Chapter 31.
- A randomized trial of a self-help smoking cessation intervention in a nonvolunteer female population.Health Psychol. 1992; 11: 280-289
- The effects of computer-tailored smoking cessation messages in family practice settings.J Fam Pract. 1994; 39: 262-270
- An expert system intervention for smoking cessation.Addict Beh. 1993; 18: 269-290
- Brief supportive telephone outreach as a recruitment and intervention strategy for smoking cessation.Am J Public Health. 1992; 82: 41-46
- Telephone counseling for smoking cessation.Health Educ Res Theory Pract. 1996; 11: 243-257
- Nicotine addiction. Oxford University Press, New York1993
- Evaluation of a motivational smoking cessation intervention for women in public health clinics.Prev Med. 1999; 28: 51-60
- Health behaviors in social context.in: Berkman L Kawachi I Social epidemiology. Oxford University Press, New York2000: 242-246
- Implications of the results of community intervention trials.Ann Rev Public Health. 1998; 19: 379-416
- Innovation in clinical method.Family Pract. 1995; 12: 413-418
- Professional responses to innovation in clinical method.Client Educ Counseling. 1996; 29: 67-73
- Motivating persons with dual disorders.Families Soc. 1996; 77: 605-614
- Substance use reduction in the context of outpatient psychiatric treatment.Community Ment Health J. 1996; 32: 291-306
- Harm reduction.Addict Behav. 1996; 21: 779-788
Monti P, Colby S, Barnett N, et al. Brief intervention for harm reduction with alcohol-positive older adolescents in a hospital emergency department. J Consult Clin Psychol. In press.
- Videotaped training in alcohol counseling for obstetric care practitioners.Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 93: 213-217
- How effective is tailored print communication?.Ann Behav Med. 1999; 21: 290-298