Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Urban sprawl and public health: designing, planning, and building for healthy communities.Island Press, Washington DC2004
- Urban sprawl and miles driven daily by teenagers in the United States.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 34: 202-206
- Measuring sprawl and its transportation impacts.Travel Demand Land Use. 2003; 1831: 175-183
- Urban sprawl as a risk factor in motor vehicle occupant and pedestrian fatalities.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1541-1545
- Evidence-based performance measures for emergency medical services systems: a model for expanded EMS benchmarking.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2008; 12: 141-151
National Center for Statistics and Analysis, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Fatal Analysis Reporting System (FARS); www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/.
- 2007 FARS coding and validation manual.U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington DC2007
- Relationship between urban sprawl and weight of United States youth.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 464-474
- Considerations in establishing emergency medical services response time goals.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2003; 7: 397-399
- Contracting for emergency ambulances services.American Ambulance Association, Sacramento CA1994
- A comparison of regression approaches for analyzing clustered data.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1425-1429
- The influence of urban, suburban, or rural locale on survival from refractory prehospital cardiac arrest.Am J Emerg Med. 2004; 22: 90-93
- Use of a geographic information system to determine appropriate means of trauma patient transport.Acad Emerg Med. 1999; 6: 1127-1133
- A geographic information system simulation model of EMS: reducing ambulance response time.Am J Emerg Med. 2004; 22: 164-170
- Suburban sprawl: where does emergency medicine fit on the map?.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 49: 71-74
- Patterns of use of emergency medical transport: a population-based study.Am J Emerg Med. 2000; 18: 130-134
Katz B, Bradley J. The suburban challenge. Newsweek 2009, Jan 26. Available from URL: http://www.newsweek.com/id/180028.
- Ex-urban sprawl as a factor in traffic fatalities and EMS response times in the Southeastern United States.J Econ Issues. 2006; XL: 941-953
- New and fringe residential development and emergency medical services response times in the United States.State Local Govert Rev. 2008; 40: 115-124
Weiss E. In Va., vision of suburbia at a crossroads: targeting cul-de-sacs, rules now require through streets in new subdivisions. Washington Post 2009, Mar 22:A01.
General Assembly of Virginia. Requirements for taking new streets into state secondary highway system. Virginia Acts of Assembly, 2007;Chap. 382(Sect. 33.1–70.3).