Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Concept of a nutritious food: toward a nutrient density score.Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 82: 721-732
- Nutrient profiling schemes: overview and comparative analysis.Eur J Nutr. 2007; 46: 15-28
- Nutrient profiling of foods: creating a nutrient-rich food index.Nutr Rev. 2008; 66: 23-39
- Signs of change or clash of symbols?.Health Matrix Level. 2010; 20: 93-144
- The sensible solutions.
- Co. HB. Guiding Stars program.
- Food certification program.
- How it works.
- Traffic-light labelling.
- Where is the science?.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 1109S-1115S
- Nutrient profiling: comparison and critical analysis of existing systems.Public Health Nutr. 2006; 9: 613-622
- Testing nutrient profile models using data from a survey of nutrition professionals.Public Health Nutr. 2007; 10: 337-345
- The stratification of foods on the basis of overall nutritional quality: the overall nutritional quality index.Am J Health Promot. 2009; 24: 133-143
- Guidance for industry: letter regarding point of purchase food labeling.www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodLabelingNutrition/ucm187208.htmDate: October 2009
- Relative and absolute excess risks of coronary heart disease among women who smoke cigarettes.N Engl J Med. 1987; 317: 1303-1309
- A prospective study of parental history of myocardial infarction and coronary artery disease in men.Am J Cardiol. 1991; 67: 933-938
- Performance characteristics of NuVal and the Overall Nutritional Quality Index (ONQI).Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 1102S-1108S
- Overall Nutrition Quality Index Reference Manual.
- Reproducibility and validity of an expanded self-administered semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire among male health professionals.Am J Epidemiol. 1992; 135: 1114-1126
- Reproducibility and validity of food intake measurements from a semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire.J Am Diet Assoc. 1993; 93: 790-796
- The assessment of alcohol consumption by a simple self-administered questionnaire.Am J Epidemiol. 1991; 133: 810-817
- Myocardial infarction redefined—a consensus document of The Joint European Society of Cardiology/American College of Cardiology Committee for the redefinition of myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 36: 959-969
- The National Survey of Stroke.Stroke. 1981; 12: I13-I44
- A prospective study of maturity-onset diabetes mellitus and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke in women.Arch Intern Med. 1991; 151: 1141-1147
- Classification and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and other categories of glucose intolerance.Diabetes. 1979; 28: 1039-1057
- Test of the National Death Index.Am J Epidemiol. 1984; 119: 837-839
- Issues in analysis and presentation of dietary data.(Chapter 13)in: Willett W.C. Nutritional epidemiology. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York1998
- The Smart Choices front-of-package nutrition labeling program: rationale and development of the nutrition criteria.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 1078S-1089S
Letter from Rep. Rosa DeLauro to Margaret Hamburg, MD, Comm. FDA Sept. 21, 2009.www.house.gov/delauro/.
- Food labeling. Chaos: the case for reform.Center for the Science in the Public Interest, Washington DC2009
- Guidance for industry: dear manufacturer letter regarding front-of-package symbols.www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodLabelingNutrition/ucm120274.htm
- Guidance for industry: letter regarding point of purchase food labeling.www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodLabelingNutrition/ucm187208.htm
- FDA response to Representative DeLauro.www.fda.gov/Food/LabelingNutrition/LabelClaims/ucm187369.htmDate: October 19, 2009
- Front-of-package food labels: public health or propaganda?.JAMA. 2010; 303: 771-772
- Defining and labelling “healthy” and “unhealthy” food.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 331-340