Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Failed promises of the cigarette industry and its effect on consumer misperceptions about the health risks of smoking.Tob Control. 2002; 11: I110-I117
- A promise is a promise.Tob Control. 2003; 12: 117-118
- Focus on tobacco: the cigarette controversy.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2007; 16: 1070-1076
Hearing on regulation of tobacco products: hearings before the Subcommittee on Health and the Environment of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, House of Representatives (Apr 14, 1994).
- Nicotine and addiction.JAMA. 1995; 274: 225-233
- Environmental tobacco smoke.JAMA. 1995; 274: 248-253
- Lawyer control of the tobacco industry's external research program.JAMA. 1995; 274: 241-247
- Looking through a keyhole at the tobacco industry.JAMA. 1995; 274: 219-224
- The cigarette papers.University of California Press, Berkeley CA1996
- Lawyer control of internal scientific research to protect against products liability lawsuits.JAMA. 1995; 274: 234-240
U.S. District Court DC. U.S. v. Philip Morris USA, Inc., et al. No. 99-CV-02496GK (Final Opinion). 2006.
- Cigarette century: the rise, fall and deadly persistence of the product that defined America.Basic Books, New York2007
U.S. Court of Appeals DoCC. U.S. Dept. of Justice, et al. (Appellees) v. Philip Morris USA Inc. (Appellees), British American Tobacco (Investments) Ltd. (Appellant), The Council for Tobacco Research-USA, Inc., et al. (Appellees). Case No. 06-5267. 5-22-2009.
- Corrective advertising—new response to consumer deception.Columbia Law Rev. 1972; 72: 415-431
- A longitudinal evaluation of the Listerine corrective advertising campaign.J Public Policy Marketing. 1983; 2: 16-28
- A field-study of corrective advertising effectiveness.J Public Policy Marketing. 1986; 5: 146-162
- Corrective advertising remedy of Ftc—experimental evaluation.J Marketing. 1974; 38: 48-54
- Longitudinal study of corrective advertising.J Market Res. 1978; 15: 39-48
- A corrective advertising study.Adv Consumer Res. 1975; 2: 631-642
- FTC v. novartis: The return of corrective advertising?.J Public Policy Market. 2001; 20: 114-122
- Adults' response to Massachusetts anti-tobacco television advertisements: impact of viewer and advertisement characteristics.Tob Control. 2000; 9: 401-407
- A cognitive-functional model for the effects of discrete negative emotions on information processing, attitude change, and recall.Communication Theory. 1999; 9: 292-320
- The effect of emotional content on visual recognition memory: a PET activation study.Neuroimage. 1998; 8: 188-197
- Appraisal of anti-smoking advertising by youth at risk for regular smoking: a comparative study in the U.S., Australia, and Britain.Tob Control. 2003; 12: 82-86
- Educating smokers about their cigarettes and nicotine medications.Health Educ Res. 2010; 25: 678-686
- Tobacco health warnings and smoking-related cognitions and behaviours.Addiction. 1997; 92: 1427-1435
- Effectiveness of cigarette warning labels in informing smokers about the risks of smoking: findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey.Tob Control. 2006; 15: 19-25
- Text and graphic warnings on cigarette packages: findings from the international tobacco control four country study.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 202-209
- The impact and acceptability of Canadian-style cigarette warning labels among U.S. smokers and nonsmokers.Nicotine Tob Res. 2007; 9: 473-481
- [Analysis of the impact of cigarette pack graphic warnings on Mexican smokers].Salud Publica Mex. 2006; 48: S65-S74
- Smokers' reactions to cigarette package warnings with graphic imagery and with only text: a comparison between Mexico and Canada.Salud Publica Mex. 2007; 49: S233-S240
- Measuring emotion—the self-assessment mannequin and the semantic differential.J Behav Therapy Exp Psychiatry. 1994; 25: 49-59
- Assessment of youth responses to anti-smoking ads: description of a research protocol.University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago IL2002
- The pupil as a measure of emotional arousal and autonomic activation.Psychophysiology. 2008; 45: 602-607
- Pupil size variation as an indication of affective processing.Int J Hum–Comput Stud. 2003; 59 (July): 185-198
- Pupillary dilation to emotional visual-stimuli revisited.Psychophysiology. 1983; 20: 472
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic innervation of pupillary dilation during sustained processing.Int J Psychophysiol. 2004; 52: 77-86
- Eye-movements and picture-recognition—contribution or embellishment.Bull Psychonom Soc. 1981; 18: 68
- Do adolescents attend to warnings in cigarette advertising?.J Advertising Res. 1994; 34: 39-52
- Eye movements in reading and information processing: 20 years of research.Psychol Bull. 1998; 124: 372-422
- Integrating text and pictorial information: eye movements when looking at print advertisements.J Exp Psychol—Appl. 2001; 7: 219-226
- Applied regression analysis and other multivariable methods.3rd ed. Brooks/Cole, Pacific Grove CA1998
- Are smokers adequately informed about the health risks of smoking and medicinal nicotine?.Nicotine Tob Res. 2004; 6: S333-S340
- What do Marlboro Lights smokers know about low-tar cigarettes?.Nicotine Tob Res. 2004; 6: S323-S332
- Beliefs about “Light” and “Ultra Light” cigarettes and efforts to change those beliefs: an overview of early efforts and published research.Tob Control. 2001; 10: I12-I16
Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, H.R.1256, 111th Cong (2009).
- Notice of Adoption of Amendment to Article 181 of the New York City Health Code.
- Unrealistic optimism about susceptibility to health problems.J Behav Med. 1982; 5: 441-460
- Accuracy of smokers' risk perception.Nicotine Tob Res. 1999; 1: S123-S130