Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Fast food consumption among U.S. adults and children: dietary and nutrient intake profile.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 1332-1338
- Role of food prepared away from home in the American diet, 1977–78 versus 1994–96: changes and consequences.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2002; 34: 140-150
- Children's patterns of macronutrient intake and associations with restaurant and home eating.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 923-925
- Food purchased away from home as a predictor of change in BMI z-score among girls.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003; 28: 282-289
- Effects of fast-food consumption on energy intake and diet quality among children in a national household survey.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 112-118
- Attacking the obesity epidemic: the potential health benefits of providing nutrition information in restaurants.Am J Pub Health. 2006; 96: 1669-1675
- The biasing health halos of fast-food restaurant health claims: lower calorie estimates and higher side-dish consumption intentions.J Consum Res. 2007; 34: 301-314
- Availability of nutrition information from chain restaurants in the U.S..Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 266-268
- Preventing childhood obesity: health in the balance.in: Koplan J.P. Liverman C.T. Kraak V.I. National Academies Press, Washington DC2005
- The Surgeon General's call to action to prevent and decrease overweight and obesity.
- Preventing childhood obesity: health in the balance: executive summary.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 131-138
- Obesity.Public Health Rep. 2000; 115: 12-24
- Menu labeling: does providing nutrition information at the point of purchase affect consumer behavior?.Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; Healthy Eating Research, Princeton NJ2009
- Calorie posting in chain restaurants.
- Effect of point-of-purchase calorie labeling on restaurant and cafeteria food choices: a review of the literature.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 51
- Restaurant menu labeling: impact of nutrition information on entree sales and patron attitudes.Health Educ Q. 1990; 17: 157-167
- Evaluating the impact of menu labeling on food choices and intake.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 312-318
- Evaluation of a voluntary menu-labeling program in full-service restaurants.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1035-1039
- Effects of calorie labeling and value size pricing on fast food meal choices: results from an experimental trial.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 63
- Calorie labeling and food choices: a first look at the effects on low-income people in New York City.Health Aff. 2009; 28: w1110-w1121
- King County signature report.
- Nutrition menu labeling may lead to lower-calorie restaurant meal choices for children.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 244-248
- Obesity and the environment: where do we go from here?.Science. 2003; 299: 853-855
- Purchasing behavior and calorie information at fast-food chains in New York City, 2007.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1457-1459
- Why Americans eat what they do: taste, nutrition, cost, convenience, and weight control concerns as influences on food consumption.J Am Diet Assoc. 1998; 98: 1118-1126
- Child and adolescent fast-food choice and the influence of calorie labeling: a natural experiment.Int J Obes (Lond). 2011; 35: 493-500
- Factors associated with soft drink consumption in school-aged children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 1244-1249