Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Systematic review of physical activity and health in the early years (aged 0-4 years).Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2012; 37: 773-792
- Systematic review of sedentary behavior and health indicators in the early years (aged 0-4 years).Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2012; 37: 753-772
Department of Health and Aging, Australia. Get Up and Grow: healthy eating and physical activity for early childhood. Commonwealth of Australia, 2009. www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/EDFEDB588460BCE3CA25762B00232A13/$File/gug-directorscoord-2.pdf.
- Compliance with national guidelines for physical activity in U.S. preschoolers: measurement and interpretation.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 658-664
Department of Health, Physical Activity, Health Improvement and Protection (2011). Start Active, Stay Active: a report on physical activity from the four home countries' Chief Medical Officers. London: Department of Health, Physical Activity, Health Improvement and Protection: 1-62.
- Preschoolers' physical activity, screen time and compliance with recommendations.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012; 44: 458-465
- Tracking physical activity and sedentary behavior in young children.Pediatr Exerc Sci. 2007; 19: 51-60
- Tracking of activity and sedentary behaviors in childhood. The Iowa Bone Development Study.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 29: 171-178
- Variability and tracking of physical activity over 2 yr in young children.Med Sci Sport Exerc. 1995; 27: 1042-1049
- Tracking of physical activity from childhood to adulthood: a review.Obes Facts. 2009; 2: 187-195
- Tracking of sedentary behaviors of young people: a systematic review.Prev Med. 2010; 51: 345-351
Zimmerman F, Christakis D. Children's television viewing and cognitive outcomes. Arch Pediatr Adoles Med 2005:159:619–25
- Tracking of childhood overweight into adulthood: a systematic review of the literature.Obes Rev. 2008; 9: 474-488
- Quality of reporting of observational longitudinal research.Am J Epidemiol. 2005; 161: 280-288
- Tracking of physical activity in young children.Med Sci Sport Excerc. 1996; 28: 92-96
- Physical activity at the government-recommended level and obesity-related health outcomes: a longitudinal study (Early Bird 37).Arch Dis Child. 2008; 93: 772-777
- Development of television viewing patterns in early childhood: a longitudinal investigation.Dev Physchol. 1990; 26: 409-420
- Tracking of TV and video gaming during childhood: Iowa Bone Development Study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2011; 8: 100
- Objectively measured physical activity in a representative sample of 3- to 4-year-old children.Obes Res. 2003; 11: 420-425
- Early television exposure and children’s behavioral and social outcomes at age 30 months.J Epidemiol. 2010; 20: S482-S489
- Longitudinal study of physical activity and inactivity in preschoolers: the FLAME study.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009; 41: 96-102
- BEACHERS: an observational system for assessing children’s eating and physical activity behaviors and associated events.J Appl Behav Anal. 1991; 24: 141-151
- Maternal self-efficacy regarding children's eating and sedentary behaviors in the early years: associations with children's food intake and sedentary behaviors.Int J Peadiatr Obes. 2010; 5: 501-508
- The rate of increase in blood pressure in children 5 years of age is related to changes in aerobic fitness and body mass index.Pediatrics. 1994; 94: 465-470
- Association between child and adolescent television viewing and adult health: a longitudinal birth cohort study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 257-262
- Television viewing and change in body fat from preschool to early adolescence: the Framingham Children's Study.Int J Obes Relat Meab Disord. 2003; 27: 827-833