Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Health Resources and Services Administration. Authorizing legislation of the Health Center Program: Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act (42 USCS § 254b). http://bphc.hrsa.gov/uds/datacenter.aspx?year=2012. Accessed March 30, 2015.
Bureau of Primary Health Care. Health center data: 2012 health center impact. http://bphc.hrsa.gov/healthcenterdatastatistics/. 2013. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Availability of safety net providers and access to care of uninsured persons.Health Serv Res. 2004; 39: 1527-1546https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-6773.2004.00302.x
- Vital signs: health insurance coverage and health care utilization — United States, 2006–2009 and January–March 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1448-1454
- Determinants of health care decisions: insurance, utilization, and expenditures.Rev Econ Stat. 2011; 95 (10.1162/REST-a-00232): 142-153
- The impact of nearly universal insurance coverage on health care utilization: evidence from Medicare.Am Econ Rev. 2008; 98: 2242-2258https://doi.org/10.1257/aer.98.5.2242
- The effect of health insurance on medical care utilization and implications for insurance expansion: a review of the literature.Med Care Res Rev. 2005; 62: 3-30https://doi.org/10.1177/1077558704271718
- The causal effect of health insurance on utilization and outcomes in adults: a systematic review of US studies.Med Care. 2008; 46: 1023-1032https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0b013e318185c913
- Expansion of coverage under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and primary care utilization.Milbank Q. 2011; 89: 69-89https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-0009.2011.00620.x
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2012 National Healthcare Disparities Report. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/nhqrdr/nhdr12/index.html. Published 2013. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Reducing disparities in access to primary care and patient satisfaction with care: the role of health centers.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2013; 24: 56-66https://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.2013.0022
- U.S. primary care delivery after the Health Center Growth Initiative: comparison of health centers, hospital outpatient departments, and physicians’ offices.J Ambul Care Manage. 2012; 35: 60-74https://doi.org/10.1097/JAC.0b013e31823abf07
- Access to care for U.S. health center patients and patients nationally: how do the most vulnerable populations fare?.Med Care. 2007; 45: 206-213https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000252160.21428.24
Dor A, Pylypchuck Y, Shin P, Rosenbaum S. Uninsured and Medicaid patients’ access to preventive care: comparison of health centers and other primary care providers. Geiger Gibson Program/RCHN Community Health Foundation Research Collaborative. https://publichealth.gwu.edu/departments/healthpolicy/DHP_Publications/pub_uploads/dhpPublication_A5EFC6C5-5056-9D20-3DBB2F5E5B966398.pdf. 2008. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Safety-net providers after health care reform: lessons from Massachusetts.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 1379-1384https://doi.org/10.1001/archinternmed.2011.317
- Ambulatory care sensitive hospitalizations and emergency visits: experiences of Medicaid patients using federally qualified health centers.Med Care. 2001; 39: 551-561https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-200106000-00004
CDC. Lack of health insurance coverage and type of coverage: early release of selected estimates based on data from the 2011 National Health Interview Survey. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhis/earlyrelease/earlyrelease201206_01.pdf. 2012. Accessed March 30, 2015.
CDC. Usual place to go for medical care: early release of selected estimates based on data from the 2011 National Health Interview Survey. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhis/earlyrelease/earlyrelease201206_02.pdf. 2012. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Determinants of health insurance coverage rates for young adults: an analytical literature review.Adv Health Care Manag. 2011; 11: 185-213https://doi.org/10.1108/S1474-8231(2011)0000011011
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2011 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports. Rockville, MD. www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/nhqrdr/nhqrdr11/qrdr11.html. 2012. Accessed March 30, 2015.
O’Hara B, Caswell K. Health status, health insurance, and medical services utilization: 2010. Current Population Reports. Washington, DC: U.S. Census Bureau. www.census.gov/prod/2012pubs/p70-133.pdf. 2013. Accessed March 30, 2015.
Brach C, Chevarley FM. Demographics and health care access and utilization of limited-English-proficient and English-proficient Hispanics. Research Findings No. 28. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/data_files/publications//rf28/rf28.pdf. 2008. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Clinical quality performance in U.S. health centers.Health Serv Res. 2012; 47: 2225-2249https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-6773.2012.01418.x
- Effects of patient-centered medical home attributes on patients ’ perceptions of quality in federally supported health centers.Ann Fam Med. 2013; 11: 508-516https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1544
- The quality of primary care experienced by health center patients.J Am Board Fam Med. 2013; 26: 768-777https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2013.06.130062