Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Diagnosis and treatment guidelines for domestic violence. American Medical Association, Chicago1992
Rennison CM, Welchans S. Intimate partner violence. Washington, DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 2000 (Special Report, NCJ 178247).
- Physical violence and injuries in intimate relationships—New York, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1994.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1996; 45: 765-767
Rand MR. Violence-related injuries treated in hospital emergency departments. Washington, DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1997 (Special Report, NCJ 156921).
- Development and validation of an emergency department screening and referral protocol for victims of domestic violence.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 27: 754-760
- Domestic violence against women.JAMA. 1995; 273: 1763-1767
- Depression in battered women.J Am Med Wom Assoc. 1996; 51: 106-110
- Clinical characteristics of women with a history of childhood abuse.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1362-1368
Rennison CM. Intimate partner violence. Washington, DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 2000 (Special Report, NCJ 178247).
- Prevalence of intimate partner abuse in women treated at community hospital emergency departments.JAMA. 1998; 280: 433-438
- Accuracy of 3 brief screening questions for detecting partner violence in the emergency department.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1357-1361
- Prevalence of domestic violence in community practice and rate of physician inquiry.Fam Med. 1992; 24: 283-287
- Abuse during pregnancy.Public Health Nurs. 1995; 12: 284-289
- Emergency department documentation in cases of intentional assault.Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 34: 715-719
- Domestic violence homicides.Am J Emerg Med. 1999; 17: 689-691
- Nursing care of abused women.in: Campbell J.C Humphry J Nursing care of survivors of family violence. Mosby, St. Louis1993: 248-289
- Developing objectives for Healthy People 2010. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC1997
- Comprehensive accreditation manual for hospitals. JCAHO, Oakbrook Terrace, IL2001
- Inquiry about victimization experiences.Arch Intern Med. 1992; 152: 1186-1190
- Domestic violence in the emergency department.J Emerg Med. 1997; 15: 447-451
- Identification of abuse in emergency departments.J Emerg Nurs. 1995; 21: 391-394
- A partial validation of two short-form abuse scales.Women Health. 1994; 21: 125-139
- Physical and emotional abuse in pregnancy.Nurs Res. 1993; 42: 173-178
- Guide to clinical preventive services. 2nd ed. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1996
- Prediction issues for practitioners.in: Campbell J.C Assessing dangerousness. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA1995: 20-40
- Design for sample size re-estimation with interim data for double-blind clinical trials with binary outcomes.Stat Med. 1997; 16: 1913-1923
- Measuring injury risk factors.Inj Prev. 2000; 6: 148-150
- Nursing Research Consortium on Violence and Abuse—a protocol of safety.Nurs Res. 1990; 39: 248-250
- Measuring intrafamily conflict and violence.J Mar Fam. 1979; : 75-88
- The revised conflict tactics scales (CTS2).J Fam Issues. 1996; 17: 283-316
- Verbal/symbolic aggression in couples.J Fam Issues. 1992; 17: 283-316
- Spousal homicide risk and estrangement.Violence Vict. 1993; 8: 3-16
- Estrangement, interventions, and male violence toward female partners.Violence Vict. 1997; 12: 51-67
- Voices of strength and resistance.J Interpersonal Violence. 1998; 13: 743-762
Saltzman LE, Fanslow JL, McMahon PM, Shelley GA. Intimate partner violence surveillance: uniform definitions and recommended data elements. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 1999.
- Assessment of clinical partner violence screening tools.J Am Med Wom Assoc. 2001; 56: 19-23
- Promise and perils of surveillance in addressing violence against women.Violence Against Wom. 2000; 6: 705-727
Tjaden P, Thoennes N. Prevalence, incidence, and consequences of violence against women: findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey. Washington, DC: National Institute of Justice and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1998.
- Prevalence of violence against pregnant women.JAMA. 1996; 275: 1915-1920
- Assault victimization in Colorado. Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Denver, CO2000
- Wife abuse.Sch Inq Nurs Pract. 1995; 9: 147-158
- Violence against women.Acad Emerg Med. 1997; 4: 297-300