Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Nonfatal and fatal firearm-related injuries—United States, 1993–1997.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1999; 48: 1029-1034
- Surveillance for fatal and nonfatal firearm-related injuries—United States, 1993–1998.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 2001; 50: 1-35
- Firearm-related years of potential life lost before age 65—United States, 1980–1991.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1994; 43: 609-612
- Accidental firearm fatalities in North Carolina, 1976–80.Am J Public Health. 1986; 76: 1120-1123
- Injuries due to firearms in three cities.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1438-1444
- When children shoot children.JAMA. 1987; 257: 3107-3109
- Self-inflicted and unintentional firearm injuries among children and adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 875-878
- Prevention of firearm-related injuries and deaths among youth.Pediatr Clin North Am. 1998; 45: 427-438
- Population estimates of household firearm storage practices and firearm carrying in Oregon.JAMA. 1996; 275: 1744-1748
- Accidental firearm fatalities among New Mexico children.Ann Emerg Med. 1991; 20: 58-61
- Characteristics of pediatric firearm fatalities.J Pediatr Surg. 1990; 25: 97-100
- Young guns.Inj Prev. 1999; 5: 280-283
- Risk factors for violent death of women in the home.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997; 157: 777-782
- Mortality among recent purchasers of handguns.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1583-1589
- Injuries and deaths due to firearms in the home.J Trauma. 1998; 45: 263-267
- The presence and accessibility of firearms in the homes of adolescent suicides.JAMA. 1991; 266: 2989-2995
- Firearms and adolescent suicide.Am J Dis Child. 1993; 147: 1066-1071
- Gun ownership as a risk factor for homicide in the home.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1084-1091
- The California violence prevention initiative.Health Education Behav. 1999; 26: 841-857
- Children’s household exposure to guns.Pediatrics. 1994; 93: 469-475
- Firearm storage practices and children in the home, United States, 1994.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 586-590
- Firearm ownership and safety practices.Am J of Prev Med. 1995; 11: 364-370
- State estimates of household exposure to firearms, loaded firearms, and handguns, 1991 through 1995.Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 969-972
- Gun violence among youth and the pediatrician’s role in primary prevention.Pediatrics. 1994; 94: 617-622
- Firearm training and storage.JAMA. 1995; 273: 46-50
- Suicide in the home in relation to gun ownership.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 467-472
- Accidental shootings.General Accounting Office, Program Evaluation and Methodology Division, Washington, DC1991
- Parents’ beliefs about preventing gun injuries to children.Pediatrics. 1992; 89: 908-914
- Money for guns.Public Health Rep. 1994; 109: 472-477
- Strategic thinking about gun markets and violence.JAMA. 1996; 275: 1765-1767
National Sports Shooting Foundation. Project HomeSafe Program Description. Available at: www.projecthomesafe.org. Accessed September 10, 2000.
- Steps to prevent firearm injury: firearm safety kit. Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, Washington, DC1998
National Fraternal Order of Police, Legislative Office. Overview of current issues. Available at: www.grandelodgefop.org. Accessed September 10, 2000.
- Gun exchange programs handbook. Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, Washington, DC1999
Kornblut AE. Boston police to adopt new lock for service weapon. Boston Globe. 15 December 1998.
- Internists’ and surgeons’ attitudes toward guns and firearm injury prevention.Ann Intern Med. 1998; 128: 224-230
- Pediatricians’ experience with and attitudes toward firearms.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997; 151: 352-359
- Training in firearm safety counseling in family practice residency programs.J Community Health. 1997; 22: 91-99
- Reduction of firearm-related violence through firearm safety counseling.Arch Fam Med. 1997; 6: 79-83
- Firearm injury prevention counseling.Pediatrics. 1992; 89: 902-907
- Firearm safety counseling in primary care pediatrics.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 22-26
- Pediatric practice based evaluation of the Steps to Prevent Firearm Injury program.Inj Prev. 1999; 5: 48-52
- Safe storage of handguns.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1996; 150: 927-931
Epidemiology Program Office. Epi info 6. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2000. Available at: www.cdc.gov/epiinfo/EI6dnjp.htm.
SAS. Cary, NC: SAS Institute, 2000.
- Are household firearms stored safely? It depends on whom you ask.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: e31
- Support for new policies to regulate firearms.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 813-818
Gallup/CNN. USA Today poll. Storrs, CT: Roper Center for Public Opinion Research, December 1993.
JoinTogether On-Line. Gun glossary, personalized handguns. Available at: www.jointogether.org/gv/resources/glossary/personal.jtml. Accessed October 5, 2000.