Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Stress and tobacco addiction.J Am Acad Nurse Practitioners. 1992; 4: 111-116
- Shiffman S Wills T.A Coping and substance abuse. Academic Press, New York1985
- The development of the homosexual bar as an institution.in: Gagnon J.H Simon U Sexual deviance. Harper and Row, New York1967: 228-244
- Substance use in the gay and lesbian community.in: Lowinson J.H Ruiz P Millman R Substance use a comprehensive textbook. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore1992: 852-860
- A comparison of alcohol and drug use patterns of homosexual and heterosexual men.Drug Alcohol Depend. 1998; 22: 63-73
- Correlates of heavy substance use among young gay and bisexual men.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2001; 6: 105-112
Elliot S. A campaign urges gay men and lesbians to resist tobacco ads. New York Times, 4 Jun 1997.
- Lesbians and gays face tobacco targeting.Tob Control. 1994; 3: 65-67
Lipman J. Philip Morris to push brand in gay media. Wall Street Journal, 13 Aug 1992.
- Psychosocial factors related to adolescent smoking.Tob Control. 1998; 7: 409-420
- Risk factors for attempted suicide in gay and bisexual youth.Pediatrics. 1991; 87: 869-875
- Mental health issues of gay and lesbian adolescents.J Adolesc Health Care. 1988; 9: 114-122
- Verbal and physical abuse stressors in the lives of lesbian, gay male, and bisexual youths.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1994; 62: 261-269
- The prevalence and demographic predictors of illicit and licit drug use among lesbians and gay men.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1307-1310
- Drug and alcohol use among lesbian and gay people in a Southern US sample.J Homosex. 1996; 30: 59-92
- Adolescent homosexuality.Pediatrics. 1987; 79: 331-337
- Exploration of substance use among lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth.J Adolesc Res. 1997; 12: 454-476
- Correlates of same-sex sexual behavior in a random sample of Massachusetts high school students.Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 262-266
- The association between health risk behaviors and sexual orientation among a school-based sample of adolescents.Pediatrics. 1998; 101: 895-902
- Youth risk behavior surveillance—United States, 1993.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 1995; 44: 1-55
- Youth risk behavior surveillance—United States, 1995.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 1996; 45: 1-83
- Preventing tobacco use among young people. USDHHS, Public Health Service, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA1994
- National lesbian health care survey.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1994; 62: 228-242
- Who is the male homosexual? A computer-mediated exploratory study of gay male Bulletin Board System (BBS) users in New York City.J Homosex. 1996; 30: 97-124
- Health risk factors and health-seeking behavior in lesbians.J Womens Health. 1997; 6: 103-112
- Cigarette smoking among gay and bisexual men.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1875-1878
- Sexual orientation and health.Arch Fam Med. 2000; 9: 843-853
- Health behaviors, health status, and access to and use of health care.Arch Fam Med. 2000; 9: 1043-1051
- Receipt of preventive health care services by lesbians.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 19: 141-148
- Cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 1993.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1994; 43: 925-929
- Cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 1988.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1989; 40: 757-759
- Cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 1994.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1996; 45: 588-590
- Cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 1997.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1999; 48: 993-996
- Cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 1995.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 1997; 46: 1217-1220
- Solarz A Lesbian health current assessment and directions for the future. Institute of Medicine, National Academy Press, Washington, DC1999
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010, conference edn, 2 vols. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2000.
- Relation between psychiatric syndromes and behaviorally defined sexual orientation in a sample of the U.S. population.Am J Epidemiol. 2000; 151: 516-523
Guiles and Associates. Exploratory qualitative research: Benson and Hedges in the gay market. Available at: www.pmdocs.com (search criteria: market and gay and report). Accessed April 28, 2000.
- Tobacco use among U.S. racial/ethnic minority groups—African Americans, American Indians and Alaska Natives, Asian American and Pacific Islanders, and Hispanics. USDHHS, Public Health Service, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA1998
- Smoking cessation among African Americans.Prev Med. 2000; 31: 23-38
- Decisions to get HIV tested and to accept antiretroviral therapies among gay/bisexual men.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 1996; 11: 151-160