Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Committee on Assuring the Health of the Public in the 21st Century. The future of the public's health in the 21st century. Washington DC: National Academy Press, 2002.
- Impediments to basing government health policies on science in the United States.Soc Sci Med Aug. 1992; 35: 531-540
- Evidence-based decision making in public health.J Public Health Manag Pract. 1999; 5: 86-97
- Evidence-based public health.Oxford University Press, New York2003
- Epidemiology, evidenced-based medicine, and evidence-based public health.J Epidemiol. 1997; 7 (erratum, J Epidemiol 1998;8:76): 187-197
- Evidence-based medicine: a new approach to teaching the practice of medicine.JAMA. 1992; 268: 2420-2425
- Evidence-based medicine: an approach to clinical problem-solving.BMJ. 1995; 310: 1122-1126
- The need for evidence-based medicine.J R Soc Med. 1995; 88: 620-624
- The philosophical limits of evidence-based medicine.Acad Med. 1998; 73 (comment): 1234-1240
Hitt J. The year in ideas: A to Z—evidence-based medicine. New York Times, December 9, 2001, p. 68.
- Evidence-based ethics and the care and outcome of extremely premature infants.Clin Perinatol. 2003; 30: 363-387
Sanderson WC. Why we need evidence-based psychotherapy practice guidelines. Available at: www.medscape.com/viewarticle/445080. Accessed June 29, 2004.
- Challenging the rhetoric and reality: only an individual and systemic approach will work for evidence-based occupational therapy.Am J Occup Ther. 2003; 57: 351-354
- Evidence-based restorative dental care for high-risk children.J Dent Child. 2003; 70: 61-64
- Are nurses ready for evidence-based practice?.Am J Nurs. 2003; 103: 95-96
- Facilitating evidence-based librarianship: a UK experience.Health Info Libr J. 2003; 20: 76-78
- Evidence-based medicine: how to practice and teach EBM.Churchill Livingstone, New York2000
- How can physicians keep up-to-date?.Annu Rev Med. 1999; 50: 99-9110
- A comparison of results of meta-analyses of randomized control trials and recommendations of clinical experts.JAMA. 1992; 268: 240-248
- Users' guides to the medical literature.JAMA. 1993; 270: 2093-2095
- Users' guides to the medical literature.JAMA. 1994; 272: 1367-1371
- A matter of heart: the general practitioner consultation in an evidence-based world.Scand J Prim Health Care. 2003; 21: 3-9
- Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn't.BMJ. 1996; 312: 71-72
- Shared decision making about screening and chemoprevention: a suggested approach from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 26: 56-66
Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane Collaboration Systematic Reviews. Available at: www.cochrane.org/cochrane/revabstr/mainindex.htm. Accessed June 27, 2004.
- Evidence-based public health practice: improving the quality and quantity of the evidence.J Public Health Med. 2002; 24: 227-229
- Evidence-based public health: Cochrane update.J Public Health Med. 2003; 25: 72-75
- Evidence-based public health practice.Aust N Z J Public Health. 1999; 23: 436-440
- Knowledge-base, evidence and evaluation in public health.Scand J Public Health. 2000; 28 (comment): 241-243
- Learning and knowledge-production for public health: a review of approaches to evidence-based public health.Scand J Public Health. 2000; 28 (comment): 298-308
- Building the science base for public health practice.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2000; 6: 51-58
- A population perspective to evidence based medicine: “evidence for population health” (theory and methods).J Epidemiol Community Health. 2002; 56: 45-47
U.S. Task Force on Community Preventive Services. Guide to community preventive services. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: www.thecommunityguide.org. Accessed June 28, 2004.
- Developing an evidence-based guide to community preventive services—methods.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 35-43
- Reassessing the role of epidemiology in public health.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89 (comment): 1158-1161
- Complex interventions: how “out of control” can a randomized controlled trial be?.BMJ. 2004; 328: 1561-1563
- Pitfalls of and controversies in cluster randomization trials.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 416-422
- Design and analysis of group-randomized trials: a review of recent methodological developments.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 423-432
- Design and analysis of group-randomized trials: a review of recent practices.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 393-399
- Evidence-based public health: moving beyond randomized trials.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 400-405
Des Jarlais DC, Lyles C, Crepaz N, and the TREND Group. Improving the reporting quality of nonrandomized evaluations of behavioral and public health interventions: the TREND Statement. Am J Public Health 2004;94:361–366.
- Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.BMJ. 2004; 328: 1490-1497
Public Health Leadership Society. Principles of the ethical practice of public health. Public Health Leadership Society. Available at: www.phls.org/docs/PHLSethicsbrochure.pdf. Accessed February 23, 2004.
- Can public health researchers and agencies reconcile the push from funding bodies and the pull from communities?.Am J Public Health. 2001; 91: 1926-1929
- Review of community-based research: assessing partnership approaches to improve public health.Annu Rev Public Health. 1998; 19: 173-202
- Community-based participatory research: a promising approach for increasing epidemiology's relevance in the 21st century.Int J Epidemiol. 2004; 33: 499-506
- The role of community advisory boards: involving communities in the informed consent process.Am J Public Health. 2001; 91: 1938-1943