Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Obesity in Britain.BMJ. 1995; 311;: 437-439
- Is the Canadian childhood obesity epidemic related to physical inactivity?.Int J Obes. 2003; 27: 1100-1105
- Environmental contributions to the obesity epidemic.Science. 1998; 280: 1371-1374
- Childhood overweight.Obes Rev. 2001; 2: 159-171
- Neighbourhood deprivation and overweight.Int J Obes. 2002; 26;: 234-240
- Does area of residence affect body size and shape?.Int J Obes. 1997; 21: 304-308
- Cardiovascular risk factors and the neighourhood environment.Int J Epidemiol. 1999; 28: 841-845
- Fast food restaurant use among women in the Pound of Prevention study. Dietary, behavioral and demographic correlates.Int J Obes. 2000; 24: 1353-1359
- Epidemic obesity in the United States.Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 277-280
- An ecological study of the relationship between social and environmental determinants of obesity.Health Place. 2002; 8: 141-145
- Fast food, race/ethnicity and income. A geographic analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 211-217
Scottish Government. Scottish neighbourhood statistics data zones 2004. Available at: www.scotland.gov.uk/library5/society/sndata-02.asp. Accessed January 26, 2005.
Edinburgh University Data Library/Joint Information Systems Council (JISC). EDINA Postcode Directory. Available at: http://borders.edina.ac.uk/ukborders/restricted/pcluts_download/pcluts_2005feb.html. Accessed January 14, 2005.
Scottish Government. Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation 2004. Available at: www.scotland.gov.uk/stats/simd2004. Accessed January 26, 2005.
- English Index of Multiple Deprivation 2004. Office for the Deputy Prime Minister, London2004 (CD-ROM)
Winkler E, Turrell G, Patterson C. Does living in a disadvantaged are mean fewer opportunities to purchase fresh fruit and vegetables in the are? Findings from the Brisbane Food Study. Health Place 2005 (in press).
- The English indices of multiple deprivation 2004 (revised). Neighbourhood Renewal Unit, London2004 (CD-ROM)
Scottish Government. Scottish deprivation maps (IMD). Available at: www.scotland.gov.uk/library5/social/siod-24.asp. Accessed March 10, 2005.
National Statistics. Census area statistics: population density by English super output area 2001. Available at: http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk. Accessed January 18, 2005.