Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2002.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 917-932
- Economic consequences of diabetes mellitus in the U.S. in 1997.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: 296-309
- 1999 Diabetes surveillance report. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta GA1999
- Diabetes trends in the U.S..Diabetes Care. 2000; 23: 1278-1283
- Predicting expenditures for Medicare beneficiaries with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1999; 22: 1660-1666
- Economic impact of diabetes mellitus in the elderly.Clin Geriatr Med. 1990; 6: 959-970
- Change in the quality of care delivered to Medicare beneficiaries, 1998–1999 to 2000–2001.JAMA. 2003; 289: 305-312
- HEDIS performance measures in Medicare managed care.Health Care Finance Rev. 2001; 23: 149-160
- Effect of transformation of the Veterans Affairs health care system on the quality of care.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2218-2227
- Preventive-care practices among persons with diabetes—United States, 1995 and 2001.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2002; 51: 965-969
- Thirty-year trends in cardiovascular risk factor levels among US adults with diabetes.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 531-539
- Healthy people 2010. Understanding and improving health and objectives for improving health. Government Printing Office, Washington DC2000 2nd ed.
- Diabetes-related morbidity and mortality in a national sample of U.S. elders.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 471-475
- Trends in diabetes and diabetic complications.Diabetes Care. 1992; 15: 960-967
- Heart failure prevalence, incidence and mortality in the elderly with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 699-703
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Diabetes Surveillance System. Available at: www.cdc.gov/diabetes/statistics/index.htm . Accessed March 24, 2004.
- Variation in diabetes care among states.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 2230-2237
- Patterns of expenditures and use of services among older adults with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: 747-752
- Identifying persons with diabetes using Medicare claims data.Am J Med Qual. 1999; 14: 270-277
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. U.S. Renal Data System (USRDS). USRDS 2003 annual data report: atlas of end-stage renal disease in the United States. Bethesda MD: National Institutes of Health, 2003.
- The Diabetes Quality Improvement Project.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 1815-1820
- Age standardization of death rates.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 1998; 47: 1-16
- NHLBI BARI clinical alert on diabetics treated with angioplasty.Circulation. 1995; 92: 3371
- Seven-year outcome in the bypass angioplasty revascularization investigation (BARI) by treatment and diabetic status.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 1122-1129
- Geographic variation in lower-extremity major amputation in individuals with and without diabetes in the Medicare population.Diabetes Care. 2002; 24: 860-864
National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases. Kidney disease of diabetes. Available at: http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/kdd. Accessed September 3, 2003.
- Unequal treatment. National Academy Press, Washington DC2002
- Racial variation in the control of diabetes among elderly Medicare managed care beneficiaries.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 3250-3256
Gold M, Achman L, Mittler J, Stevens B. Monitoring Medicare+Choice: what have we learned? Findings and operational lessons for Medicare Advantage. Washington DC: Mathematica Policy Research, August 2004.
- Report of the Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 1183-1197
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. No cholesterol check within 5 years. Available at: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/brfss/Trends/agechart.asp?qkey=10090&state=US . Accessed February 18, 2005.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. HCUPnet, Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. Rockville MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Available at: www.ahrq.gov/HCUPnet/. Accessed February 20, 2005.
When the analysis was conducted, Kuo and Fleming were affiliated with Mathematica Policy Research, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, respectively.