Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Alternative projections of mortality and disability by cause 1990–2020: Global Burden of Disease Study.Lancet. 1997; 349: 1498-1504
World Health Organization. Tobacco Free Initiative. Information on global tobacco use. Available at: www.who.int/tobacco/health_priority/en/index.html.
- WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. 2005 (Geneva, Switzerland. Available at: www.who.int/tobacco/framework/WHO_FCTC_english.pdf)
- Recall and eye tracking study of adolescents viewing tobacco advertisements.JAMA. 1989; 261: 84-89
- Responses to tobacco control policies among youth.Tob Control. 2002; 11: 14-19
- Tobacco health warnings and smoking-related cognitions and behaviours.Addiction. 1997; 92: 1427-1435
- The new EU cigarette health warnings benefit smokers who want to quit the habit: results from the Dutch Continuous Survey of Smoking Habits.Eur J Public Health. 2005; 15: 389-392
Tandemar Research P. f. H. C. Cigarette packaging study: the evaluation of new health warning messages. Ottawa: Health Canada, 1996 (report TR#663022).
- Initial impact of the new Australian tobacco health warnings on knowledge and beliefs.Tob Control. 1997; 6: 317-325
- Effectiveness of cigarette warning labels in informing smokers about the risks of smoking: findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey.Tob Control. 2006; 15: iii19-iii25
- The impact of the graphic Canadian warning labels on adult smokers.Tob Control. 2003; 12: 391-395
- Graphic cigarette package warning labels do not lead to adverse outcomes: evidence from Canadian smokers.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 1442-1445
- Reactions of young adult smokers to warning labels on cigarette packages.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 467-473
- The potential effectiveness of warning labels on cigarette packages: the perceptions of young adult Canadians.Can J Public Health. 2005; 96: 353-356
- Wear out: an empirical investigation of advertising wear-in and wear-out.J Advert Res. 2000; 6: 95-100
- Exposure and affect: overview and meta-analysis of research.Psychol Bull. 1989; 106: 265-289
- Health Warning Testing: Final Report. Health Canada, Ottawa1999 (Prepared by Environics Research Group)
- Enhancing the effectiveness of tobacco package warning labels: a social psychological perspective.Tob Control. 2002; 11 (review): 183-190
Directive 2001/37/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 June 2001 on the approximation of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of the Member States concerning the manufacture, presentation and sale of tobacco products. Official Journal of the European Communities, 18.7.2001. Available at: http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2001/l_194/l_19420010718en00260034.pdf.
- Random selection in a national telephone survey: a comparison of the Kish, next-birthday, and last-birthday methods.J Off Stat. 2000; 16: 53-60
- Experiments with incentives in telephone surveys.Public Opin Q. 2000; 64: 171-188
- The methodology of the International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation (Four-Country) Survey (ITCPES).Tob Control. 2006; 15: iii12-iii18
- Measuring the heaviness of smoking using self-reported time to the first cigarette of the day and number of cigarettes smoked per day.Br J Addict. 1989; 84: 791-800
- The Health Effects of Tobacco and Health Warning Messages on Cigarette Packages—Survey of Adults and Adult Smokers: Wave 9 Surveys. Health Canada, Ottawa2005 (Prepared by Environics Research Group. January)
- Developmental Research for New Australian Health Warnings on Tobacco Products. Population Health Division, Department of Health and Ageing, 2003 (Available at: http://www.health.gov.au/Internet/wcms/Publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubhlth-strateg-drugs-tobacco-warnings.htm)
- Impact of the new EU health warnings on the Dutch quit line.Tob Control. 2002; 11: 382
- Consultation on the introduction of picture warnings on tobacco packs. 2006 (May. Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/13/54/96/04135496.pdf)