Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Preventing childhood obesity: health in the balance.National Academies Press, Washington DC2005
- Shaping the context of health: a review of environmental and policy approaches in the prevention of chronic diseases.Annu Rev Public Health. 2006; 27: 341-370
- Policy tools for the childhood obesity epidemic.J Law Med Ethics. 2002; 30: 83-87
- Regulating environments to reduce obesity.J Public Health Policy. 2004; 25: 391-407
- Policies to prevent childhood obesity in the European Union.Eur J Public Health. 2005; 15: 576-579
- Arkansas fights fat: translating research into policy to combat childhood and adolescent obesity.Health Aff (Millwood). 2006; 25: 992-1004
- Public health: What it is and how it works.2nd ed. Aspen Publishers, Gaithersburg MD2001
- Patterns of childhood obesity prevention legislation in the U.S. Prev Chronic Dis [serial online] 2007.
- A framework for physical activity policy research.J Phys Act Health. 2006; 3: S20-S29
- Where there’s smoke there’s money: tobacco industry campaign contributions and U.S. Congressional voting.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 363-372
- NetScan website.
- State actions to promote nutrition, increase physical activity, and prevent obesity: a legislative overview.Health Policy Tracking Service, 2005
- Multilevel analysis: techniques and applications.Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc, Mahwah NJ2002
- Experiencing politics: a legislator’s stories of government and health care.University of California Press, Berkeley CA2000
- Prevention and control of chronic diseases.in: Goodman R. Rothstein M. Hoffman R. Lopez W. Law in Public Health Practice. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York2007
- State health agencies and the legislative policy process.Public Health Rep. 1994; 109: 361-367
- Multiple sponsorship and bill success in U.S. state legislatures.Legislative Studies Quarterly. 1985; 10: 483-488
- Issues and Institutions: “Winnowing” in the U.S. Congress.Am J Pol Sci. 2005; 49: 313-326
- Senators as political entrepreneurs: using bill sponsorship to shape legislative agendas.Am J Pol Sci. 1995; 39: 186-203
- Tactical maneuvering on omnibus bills in Congress.Am J Pol Sci. 2001; 45: 210-223
- Electoral competition, legislative balance, and American state welfare policy.Am J Pol Sci. 2002; 46: 415-427
- What lessons have been learned from other attempts to guide social change?.Nutr Rev. 2001; 59: S40-S65
- States as policy laboratories: emulating success in the children’s health insurance program.Am J Pol Sci. 2006; 50: 294-312
- National medical spending attributable to overweight and obesity: How much, and who’s paying?.Health Aff. 2003; 22: 219-226
At the time this research was conducted, Dr. Boehmer was affiliated with Saint Louis University.