Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Rebuilding the Tower of Babel: a revised nomenclature for the study of suicide and suicidal behaviors.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2007; 37: 264-277
- Beyond the Tower of Babel: a nomenclature for suicidology.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 1996; 26: 237-252
- Deaths: final data for 2005.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville MD2008 (56(10))
- WISQARS leading causes of death reports, 1999–2004.
- Increases in age-group-specific injury mortality—U.S., 1999–2004.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56: 1281-1284
- Epidemiology of completed and attempted suicide: toward a framework for prevention.Clin Neurosci Res. 2001; 1: 310-323
- Homicides and suicides—national violent death reporting system, U.S., 2003–2004.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55: 721-724
- Homicide and suicide rates—national violent death reporting system, six states, 2003.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005; 54: 377-380
- Web-based injury statistics query and reporting system (WISQARS™).
- Deaths: final data for 1999.(49(8)) National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville MD2001
- Methods of suicide among persons aged 10–19 years—U.S., 1992–2001.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 471-474
- The injury fact book.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York1992
- Depression, estrogen, and the women's health initiative.Psychosomatics. 2004; 45: 445-447
- Generational analyses of suicide: baby boomers and 13ers.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 1994; 24: 334-342
- Alcohol use, misuse, abuse, and dependence in later adulthood.Annu Rev Nurs Res. 2005; 23: 245-280
- Increasing rates of depression.JAMA. 1989; 261: 2229-2235
- Development in midlife.Annu Rev Psychol. 2004; 55: 305-331
- Firearm availability and suicide, homicide, and unintentional firearm deaths among women.J Urban Health. 2002; 79: 26-38
- International correlations between gun ownership and rates of homicide and suicide.CMAJ. 1993; 148: 1721-1725
- Household firearm ownership and suicide rates in the U.S.Epidemiology. 2002; 13: 517-524
- Association between youth-focused firearm laws and youth suicides.JAMA. 2004; 292 ([published erratum in JAMA 2004;292:1178]): 594-601
- Poisoning hospitalizations and deaths from solids and liquids among children and teenagers.Am J Public Health. 1986; 76: 657-660
- Suicide prevention strategies: a systematic review.JAMA. 2005; 294: 2064-2074
- Strategies for preventing suicide.Br J Psychiatry. 1997; 171: 351-354
- Effects of legislation restricting pack sizes of paracetamol and salicylates on self poisoning in the United Kingdom: before and after study.BMJ. 2001; 322: 1203-1207
- The epidemiology and prevention of suicide by hanging: a systematic review.Int J Epidemiol. 2005; 34 (–42): 433
- CDC WONDER: compressed mortality, 1979–1998 request.
- CDC's national violent death reporting system: background and methodology.Inj Prev. 2004; 10: 47-52