Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Web-based injury statistics query and reporting system (WISQARS).([online]) National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC, Atlanta GA2008
- Acute traumatic injuries in rural populations.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 1689-1693
- Urban and rural health chartbook: health, U.S, 2001.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville MD2001
- A population-based study of the association of medical manpower with county trauma death rates in the U.S.Ann Surg. 1994; 219: 547-567
- Epidemiology of unintentional adult injury in a rural population.J Trauma. 2001; 51: 758-766
- Prevalence and characteristics of injury in urban and rural Colorado, 1999 and 2000.(August 2001, No. 42) The Department, Denver CO2001
- Comparison of urban and rural non-fatal injury; the results of a statewide survey.Inj Prev. 2003; 9: 332-337
- Urban and rural traumatic brain injuries in Colorado.Ann Epidemiol. 1997; 7: 207-212
- Incidence and costs of 1987–1994 childhood injuries: demographic breakdowns.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: E27
- Non-fatal injuries among urban and rural residents: the national health interview survey, 1997–2001.Inj Prev. 2007; 13: 115-119
- Injury and poisoning episodes and conditions: national health interview survey, 1997.Vital Health Stat. 2000; 10: 202
- Exploring social desirability bias.J Bus Ethics. 2003; 44: 291-302
- Modeling sources of self-report bias in a survey of drug use epidemiology.Ann Epidemiol. 2005; 15: 381-389
- The web questionnaire challenge to survey methodologists.
- The Greenland research database: a population-based research resource.Int J Circumpolar Health. 2003; 63 (ijch.fi/): 156-158
- Estimating the population burden of injuries: a comparison of household survey and emergency department surveillance.Epidemiology. 2004; 15: 428-432
- Injury hospitalizations: using the nationwide inpatient sample.J Trauma. 2006; 61: 1234-1243
- Healthcare cost and utilization project, 1988–2002.
- The healthcare cost and utilization project: an overview.Eff Clin Pract. 2002; 5: 143-151
- Investigation of the utility of healthcare cost and utilization (HCUP) data for annual surveillance of hospitalized injuries.Batelle Centers for Public Health Research and Evaluation, Atlanta GA2003
- Consensus recommendations for using hospital discharge data for injury surveillance.State and Territorial Injury Prevention Directors Association, Marietta GA2003
- U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Injury fact book 2001–2002.CDC, Atlanta2001
- Contrasting rural and urban fatal crashes 1994–2003.Ann Emerg Med. 2006; 47: 574-575
- Commentary: contrasting rural and urban fatal crashes 1994–2003.Ann Emerg Med. 2006; 47: 575-577
- Increasing rural–urban gradients in U.S. suicide mortality, 1970–1997.Am J Public Health. 2002; 92: 1161-1167
- Urban–rural shifts in intentional firearm death: different causes, same results.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 1750-1755
- Rural–urban differences in depression treatment and suicidality.Med Care. 1998; 36: 1098-1107
- Completeness of cause of injury coding in healthcare administrative databases in the U.S., 2001.Inj Prev. 2006; 12: 199-201
- Hospitalization for firearm-related injuries in the U.S., 1997.Am J Prev Med. 2003; 24: 1-8
- Urban and rural patterns of bicycle helmet use: factors predicting usage.Inj Prev. 1999; 5: 183-188
- ATV-related deaths in West Virginia: 1990–2003.W V Med J. 2003; 99: 224-227
- An analysis of factors associated with seatbelt use: prevention opportunities for the medical community.J Okla State Med Assoc. 1993; : 496-500
- Rural, suburban and urban variations in alcohol consumption in the U.S.: findings from the national epidemiologic survey on alcohol and related conditions.J Rural Health. 2007; 23: 314-321