Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Overweight and obesity in the U.S.: prevalence and trends, 1960–1994.Int J Obes. 1998; 22: 39-47
- Schools can play a role in preventing childhood obesity.
- School food environments and practices affect dietary behaviors of U.S. public school children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S91-S107
- The role of schools in obesity prevention.Future Child. 2006; 16: 109-142
U.S. Department of Agriculture. Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004, Pub. L. No. 108–265, Sect. 204 (2004).
- Childhood obesity—an overview of policy options for 2003–2004.
- Los Angeles School District Healthy Beverage Motion.
- Los Angeles School District Obesity Prevention Motion.
- School lunch program: efforts needed to improve nutrition and encourage healthy eating.General Accounting Office, Washington DC2003
- School wellness policy development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Foods sold in competition with USDA school meal programs: a report to Congress.USDA, Washington DC2001
Community-Based Participatory Research Conference summary, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, November 27–28, 2001, Rockville MD. www.ahrq.gov/about/cpcr/cbpr/.
- Methods in community-based participatory research for health.John Wiley & Sons, San Francisco2005
- Approaches to social research.4th ed. Oxford University Press, New York2005
- Application of qualitative methods in program planning for health promotion interventions.Health Promot Pract. 2006; 7: 234-242
- Evaluative site visits: a methodological review.Am J Eval. 2003; 24: 341-352
- Managing field data collection from start to finish.in: Wholey J. Hatry H. Newcomer K. Handbook of practical program evaluation. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco1994
- Parent–adolescent communication about sex in Filipino American families: a demonstration of community-based participatory research.Ambul Pediatr. 2005; 5: 50-55
- Using community-based participatory research to identify potential interventions to overcome barriers to adolescents' healthy eating and physical activity.J Behav Med. 2009; 32: 491-502
- Los Angeles school district profile 2006–2007.
- Los Angeles Unified School District Food Service Branch Monthly Newsletter 2008, January.
- Los Angeles School District Cafeteria Improvement Motion.
- District information.www.ed-data.k12.ca.us/Navigation/fsTwoPanel.asp?bottom=%2Fprofile.asp%3Flevel%3D06%26reportNumber%3D16
- Development and implementation of a school-based obesity prevention intervention: lessons learned from community-based participatory research.Prog Community Health Partnersh. 2008; 3: 249-255
- A reasoned action approach to health promotion.Med Decis Making. 2008; 28: 834-844
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Intraclass correlations: uses in assessing rater reliability.Psychol Bull. 1979; 86: 420-428
- LA Unified schools violate junk food ban.(LA Times 2009, May 9)
- Changing the work environment to promote wellness: a focus group study.AAOHN J. 2006; 54: 515-520
- Move & Improve: a worksite wellness program in Maine.Prev Chronic Dis. 2006; 3: A101
- Prevention occupational exposure to pesticides: using participatory research with Latino farmworkers to develop an intervention.J Immigr Health. 2001; 3: 85-96
- Promising practices in promotion of healthy weight at small and medium-sized U.S. worksites.Prev Chronic Dis. 2008; 5: A122