Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- FastStats.(Hyattsville MD: CDC)
- Obstetric risks of pregnancy in women less than 18 years old.Obstet Gynecol. Dec 2000; 96: 962-966
- Association of young maternal age with adverse reproductive outcomes.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 1113-1117
- Mortality from intentional and unintentional injury among infants of young mothers in Colorado, 1986 to 1992.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1996; 150: 1077-1083
- Risk factors for infant homicide in the United States.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1211-1216
- Kids having kids: economic costs and social consequences of teen pregnancy.Urban Institute Press, Washington DC1997
- Maternal age and educational and psychosocial outcomes in early adulthood.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1999; 40: 479-489
- The effects of early childbearing on schooling over time.Fam Plann Perspect. 2001; 33: 259-267
- Predictors of depression symptoms in pregnant adolescents.J Perinatol. 1996; 16: 69-76
- Depressive symptoms, stress, and social support in pregnant and postpartum adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1996; 150: 64-69
- When teens have sex: issues and trends. A Kids Count special report.
- Evaluation of a pregnancy prevention program for urban teenagers.Fam Plann Perspect. 1986; 18: 119-126
- Reducing adolescent pregnancy through school and community-based education.JAMA. 1987; 257: 3382-3386
- Preventing pregnancy and improving health care access among teenagers: an evaluation of the children's aid society-carrera program.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2002; 34: 244-251
- Preventing teen pregnancy and academic failure: experimental evaluation of a developmentally based approach.Child Dev. 1997; 68: 729-742
- Effects of the Seattle social development project on sexual behavior, pregnancy, birth, and sexually transmitted disease outcomes by age 21 years.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002; 156: 438-447
- Behavioral interventions to reduce incidence of HIV, STD, and pregnancy among adolescents: a decade in review.J Adolesc Health. 2004; 34: 3-26
- Economic evaluation of Safer Choices: a school-based human immunodeficiency virus, other sexually transmitted diseases, and pregnancy prevention program.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000; 154: 1017-1024
- Children's Aid Society—Carrera Program Child Trends.
- Gold M.R. Siegel J.E. Russell L.B. Weinstein M.C. Cost-effectiveness in health and medicine. Oxford University Press, Oxford England1996
InflationData.com. Inflation calculator. inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/InflationCalculator.asp.
- Vital statistics and population.
- U.S. Census 2000.
- U.S. Census Bureau News.
- Indicators of Opportunity in Higher Education, 2005 Stats Report, Pell Institute for the Study of Opportunity in Higher Education.
- Predictors of early grade retention among children in the United States.Pediatrics. 1994; 93: 481-487
- Mapping out the national assessment of Title I: the interim report—1996. U.S. Department of Education, Planning and Evaluation Service.www.ed.gov/pubs/NatAssess/index.htmlDate: 1996
- Who graduates? Who doesn't? A statistical portrait of public high school graduation, class of 2001. The Urban Institute Education Policy Center.
- Minkler M. Wallerstein N. Community-based participatory research for health. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco2003
- Community-based participatory research: assessing the evidence.(Prepared by RTI—University of North Carolina Evidence-Based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-02-0016). AHRQ Publication 04-E022-2 Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville MD2004
- Short-term impact of safer choices: a multicomponent, school-based HIV, other STD, and pregnancy prevention program.J Sch Health. 1999; 69: 181-188