Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- FY07 general fund expenditures per capita for 50,000+ population cities.
- Unpublished city-specific 2002 Behavior Risk Factor Surveillance Survey (BRFSS) data from the Institute for Community Health.2003
Unpublished Enrollment Report released on October 1, 1999 by Somerville, MA: 4th graders at-risk for overweight and overweight by school compared with demographic statistics by school for 1999–2000.
- A community-based restaurant initiative to increase availability of healthy menu options in Somerville, Massachusetts: Shape Up Somerville.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6: A102
- A community intervention reduces BMI z-score in children: Shape Up Somerville first year results.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007; 15: 1325-1336
- Assessing the use of school public address systems to deliver nutrition messages to children: Shape up Somerville—audio adventures.J Sch Health. 2006; 76 (quiz 482–4): 459-464
- Retooling food service for early elementary school students in Somerville, Massachusetts: the Shape Up Somerville experience.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6: A103
- School and District Profiles, Selected Populations (2008–09).
- The Active Living by Design national program: community initiatives and lessons learned.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: S313-S321
- Interaction Associates.Facilitative leadership. 1997
- Evolutionary sustainability.Reconceptualizing sustainability of organizational and community change. Wholonomy Consulting, LLC, April 2007
- As child obesity surges, one town finds way to slim.Somerville, Mass., goes beyond schools to push exercise, good eating. The Wall Street Journal, 2007, May 10