Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Most Americans consider smoking very harmful; majority blame smokers, rather than tobacco companies, for smokers' health problems.July 28 2008
- Cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 2000.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2002; 51: 642-645
- Individual differences in adoption of treatment for smoking cessation: demographic and smoking history characteristics.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008; 93: 121-131
- Shape of the relapse curve and long-term abstinence among untreated smokers.Addiction. 2004; 99: 29-38
- Treating tobacco use and dependence: 2008 update.USDHHS, Public Health Service, Rockville MD2008
- Nicotine addiction in Britain.The Lavenham Press Ltd, Sudbury, Suffolk, England2000
- Use of smoking cessation treatments in the United States.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 34: 102-111
- The things that get measured are the things that get done.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 38: S433-S436
Bobak A. Perceived safety of nicotine replacement products among general practitioners and current smokers in the U.K.: impact on utilization. Paper presentation at the UK National Smoking Cessation Conference, June 9–June 10, 2005, London.
- Perceived safety and efficacy of nicotine replacement therapies among US smokers and ex-smokers: relationship with use and compliance.Addiction. 2008; 103: 1371-1378
- Mortality in the EU: 1997–1999.Eurostat, Luxembourg2004
- Update on neuropharmacological treatments for alcoholism: scientific basis and clinical findings.Biochem Pharmacol. 2008; 75: 34-56
- Stop-smoking medications: who uses them, who misuses them, and who is misinformed about them?.Nicotine Tob Res. 2004; 6: S303-S310
- Interest in gradual cessation.Nicotine Tob Res. 2007; 9: 671-675
- Smokers' interest in using nicotine replacement to aid smoking reduction.Nicotine Tob Res. 2007; 9: 1177-1182