Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Full accounting of diabetes and prediabetes in the U.S. population, 1988–1994 and 2005–2006.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 287-294
- Diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of impaired glucose tolerance and impaired fasting glucose.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville MDAugust 2005 (Report No.: AHRQ Pub. No. 05-E026-1)
- The diabetes prevention program: reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 393-403
- The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP): description of lifestyle intervention.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 2165-2171
- Effects of diet and exercise in preventing NIDDM in people with impaired glucose tolerance.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 537-544
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitus by changes in lifestyle among subjects with impaired glucose tolerance.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1343-1350
- Long-term effectiveness of weight-loss interventions in adults with pre-diabetes: a review.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 28: 126-139
- The cost-effectiveness of lifestyle modification or metformin in preventing type 2 diabetes in adults with impaired glucose tolerance.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 142: 323-332
- Cost-effectiveness of screening for pre-diabetes among overweight and obese U.S. adults.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 2874-2879
- Considerations for diabetes translational research in real-world settings.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 2670-2674
- Translating the science of primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention to inform the public health response to diabetes.J Public Health Manag Practice. 2003; : S8-S14
- Diabetes translation research: where are we and where do we want to be?.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 140: 958-963
- Standards of medical care in diabetes—2008.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: S12-S54
- The primary prevention of diabetesRecommendations from the Chronic Disease Directors Project; 2005.
- The public health role in the primary prevention of diabetes: recommendations from the chronic disease directors' project.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2008; 14: 15-25
- Framework for program evaluation in public health.MMWR Recomm Rep. 1999; 48: 1-40
- Case study research: design and methods.Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks CA1994
- Utilization focused evaluation: the new century text.3rd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks CA1997
- Your game plan for preventing type 2 diabetes: health care provider's toolkit, 2003.
- Type 2 diabetes prevention in the “real world.”.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 2465-2470
- Diabetes prevention in a faith-based setting: results of translational research.J Public Health Manag Practice. 2008; 14: 29-32
- Translating the diabetes prevention program into the community: the DEPLOY pilot study.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 357-363
- Identifying the target population for primary prevention: the trade-offs.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 2098-2099
- Primary prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitus by lifestyle intervention: implications for health policy.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 140: 941-957
- Medicine and public health: the power of collaboration.
- Effective clinical partnerships between primary care medical practices and public health agencies.
Additional members of the DPPI-IFA Case Study Group are listed in the Acknowledgments section at the end of the text.