Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Patterns of global tobacco use in young people and implication for future chronic disease burden in adults.Lancet. 2006; 367: 749-753
- Sexual dysfunction in the U.S.: prevalence and predictors.JAMA. 1999; 281: 537-544
- Sexual dysfunctions in urban China: a population-based national survey of men and women.J Sex Med. 2007; 4: 1559-1574
- Sexual problems among women and men aged 40–80 y: prevalence and correlates indentified in the Global Study of Sexual Attitudes and Behaviors.Int J Impot Res. 2005; 17: 39-57
- Smoking and sexual dysfunction in Chinese males: findings from men's health survey.Int J Impot Res. 2006; 18: 364-369
- Heart disease risk factors predict erectile dysfunction 25 years later.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 1405-1411
- Cigarette smoking and erectile dysfunction among Chinese men without clinical vascular disease.Am J Epidemiol. 2007; 166: 803-809
- Smoking and erectile dysfunction: findings from a representative sample of Australian men.Tob Control. 2006; 15: 136-139
- Association between smoking and erectile dysfunction: a population-based study.Am J Epidemiol. 2005; 161: 346-351
- Do cigarette smokers with erectile dysfunction benefit from stopping?.BJU Int. 2004; 94: 1310-1313
- Major causes of death among men and women in China.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 1124-1134
- Smoking and passive smoking in Chinese.Chin J Epidemiol. 2005; 26: 78-83
- Is erectile dysfunction a marker for cardiovascular disease?.Int J Clin Pract. 2001; 55: 614-618
- Smoking and reproductive life: the impact of smoking on sexual, reproductive and child health.
USDHHS, CDC, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health. The health consequences of smoking: a report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta GA: USDHHS.
- Graphic Health Warnings.www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/tobac-tabac/legislation/label-etiquette/graph/impotent-impuissant4-eng.phpCanada
- Smoking (Public Health) (Amendment) Bill 2005 guidelines on health warning on packet or retail container of tobacco products.
- Adherence to nicotine replacement therapy versus quitting smoking among Chinese smokers: a preliminary investigation.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005; 177: 400-408
- Patterns of over-the-counter nicotine gum use: persistent use and concurrent smoking.Addiction. 2003; 98: 1747-1753
- Level of nicotine replacement during a quit-smoking attempt.Nicotine Tob Res. 2004; 6: 377-379
- Do heavy smokers benefit from higher dose nicotine patch therapy?.Exp Clin Psychopharmacol. 1999; 7: 226-233
- Discontinuation of nicotine replacement therapy among smoking-cessation attempters.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 34: 212-215
- Motivational interviewing in healthcare settings: opportunities and limitations.Am J Prev Med. 2001; 20: 68-74
- Clinical practice guideline: treating tobacco use and dependence.USDHHS, Washington DC2000
- Adherence to long-term therapies: evidence for action.WHO, Geneva2003
- Good reasons for quitting.
- The Fagerström Test for Nicotine Dependence: a revision of the Fagerström tolerance questionnaire.Br J Addict. 1999; 6: 1119-1127
- Development and evaluation of an abridged, 5-item version of the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5) as a diagnostic tool for erectile dysfunction.Int J Impot Res. 1999; 11: 319-326
- Comparison of tests used to distinguish smokers from non-smokers.Am J Public Health. 1987; 77: 1435-1438
- Prevalence and biopsychosocial correlates of erectile dysfunction in Hong Kong: a population-based study.Urology. 2007; 70: 131-136
- Which smokers use the smoking cessation quitline in Hong Kong, and how effective is the quitline?.Tob Control. 2004; 13: 415-421
- Treating tobacco use and dependence: 2008 update.USDHHS, Rockville MD2008
Chan SSC, Leung DYP, Abdullah ASM, et al. Reasons for non-compliance to nicotine replacement therapy among Chinese smoking patients with erectile dysfunction. Presented at the 7th annual conference of the International Society for the Prevention of Tobacco Induced Disease (ISPTID)—A tobacco free future: the way forward; 2008 Sept 26–28; Kyoto, Japan.
- Smoking cessation initiated during hospital stay for patients with coronary artery disease: a randomized controlled trial.Can Med Assoc J. 2009; 180: 1297-1303
- Efficacy of a smoking cessation program for hospital patients.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 2653-2660
- The “Look At Your Health”: Outcomes associated with a computer-assisted smoking cessation counseling intervention for community college students.Addict Behav. 2008; 33: 757-771
- The TEAM project: the effectiveness of smoking cessation intervention with hospital patients.Prev Med. 2005; 40: 249-258
- Randomised controlled trial of smoking cessation intervention after admission for coronary heart disease.BMJ. 2003; 327: 1254-1257
Chan SSC, Chan SC, Lau CP, Lam TH. The effectiveness of a stage-matched smoking cessation intervention for cardiac patients: a randomized controlled trial. Poster presented at the 13th World Conference on Tobacco or Health; 2006 July 12–15; Washington DC. 2006.confex.com/uicc/wctoh/techprogram/P8926.HTM.
- Guidance on the use of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and bupropion for smoking cessation.National Institute for Clinical Excellence, London2005
- Thematic Household Survey Report No. 26: Pattern of smoking.Census and Statistics Department, Hong KongJune 2006www.censtatd.gov.hk/products_and_services/products/publications/statistical_report/social_data/index_cd_B1130226_dt_latest.jsp