Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- National Diabetes Statistics.
- Overweight and Obesity.
- NHANES Survey (1976–1980 and 2003–2006).
- Disparities in access to fresh produce in low-income neighborhoods in Los Angeles.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 365-370
- Retail stores in poor urban neighborhoods.J Consum Aff. 1997; 31: 139-164
- Restaurant and food shopping selections among Latino women in southern California.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 38-45
- Fast food, race/ethnicity, and income: a geographic analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 211-217
- A comparison of the availability and affordability of a market basket in two communities in the Chicago area.Public Health Nutr. 2006; 9: 837-845
- Do the poor pay more for food?.J Consum Aff. 1999; 33: 276-296
- McDonald's restaurants and neighborhood deprivation in Scotland and England.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 29: 308-310
- Mapping access to food in a deprived area: the development of price and availability indices.Public Health Nutr. 2000; 3: 31-38
- Community measures of low-fat milk consumption: comparing store shelves with households.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 235-237
- Barriers to buying healthy foods for people with diabetes: evidence of environmental disparities.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 1549-1554
- The availability and cost of healthier food alternatives.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 30: 38-44
- Determinants of variation in food cost and availability in two socioeconomically contrasting neighbourhoods of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.Health Place. 2007; 13: 273-287
- African Americans' access to healthy food options in south Los Angeles restaurants.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 668-673
- Associations of neighborhood characteristics with the location and type of food stores.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 325-331
- Neighborhood characteristics associated with the location of food stores and food service places.Am J Prev Med. 2002; 22: 23-29
- Food store availability and neighborhood characteristics in the U.S..Prev Med. 2007; 44: 189-195
- Does living in a disadvantaged area entail limited opportunities to purchase fresh fruit and vegetables in terms of price, availability, and variety?.Health Place. 2005; 12: 741-748
- Neighborhood racial composition, neighborhood poverty and the spatial accessibility of supermarkets in metropolitan Detroit.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 660-667
- Neighbourhood differences in diet: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.J Epidemiol Community Health. 1999; 53: 55-63
- Ecological and socioeconomic correlates of fruit, juice and vegetable consumption among African-American boys.Prev Med. 2001; 32: 476-481
- Proximity of supermarkets is positively associated with the diet quality index for pregnancy.Prev Med. 2004; 39: 869-875
- The contextual effect of the local food environment on residents' diet: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study.Am J Public Health. 2002; 92: 1761-1767
- Fruit and vegetable intake in African Americans: income and store characteristics.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 29: 1-9
- You are where you shop: grocery store locations, weight, and neighborhoods.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 10-17
- Supermarkets, other foods stores, and obesity: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 333-339
- Large-scale food retailing as an intervention for diet and health: quasi-experimental evaluation of a natural experiment.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2005; 59: 1035-1040
- Rock On café: achieving sustainable systems changes in school lunch programs.Health Promot Pract. 2009; 10: 100S-108S
- Rationale, design and methods of the HEALTHY study behavior intervention component.Int J Obes (Lond). 2009; 33: S44-S51
- Public health strategies for dietary change: schools and workplaces.J Nutr. 2005; 135: 910-913
- Work conditions and the food choice coping strategies of employed parents.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2009; 41: 365-370
- Summary of proposal: green carts will increase access to healthy foods, improving the health of an estimated 75,000 New Yorkers.
- Closing the grocery gap in underserved communities: the creation of the Pennsylvania fresh food financing initiative.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2008; 14: 272-279
Amand L. A food co-op brings together the flavors, and the people, of East New York. New York Times 2006, Nov 19; NY/Region.
Tirado R. East New York Food Co-op: first steps on a journey of a thousand miles. Linewaiters' Gazette 2007, May 10; Vol BB, No. 10.
- Re-storing America's food deserts.in: Closing the food gap: resetting the table in the land of plenty. Beacon, Boston MA2008: 85-109