Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Alcohol-attributable deaths and years of potential life lost—U.S., 2001.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 866-870
- Health, U.S., 2005 with chartbook on trends in the health of America.NCHS, Hyattsville MD2005 (Report No.: 1232)
- Binge drinking and associated health risk behaviors among high school students.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: 76-85
- Updating estimates of the economic costs of alcohol abuse in the U.S.: estimates, update methods, and data.NIAAA, Rockville MD2000 (Report No.: 98-4327)
- Healthy People 2010.
- Alcohol issues policy briefing paper: the perils of preemption.American Medical Association, Chicago2001
- Preemption or prevention?.J Public Health Policy. 1998; 19: 36-50
Pub. L. No. 83-277, 67 Stat. 586 (1983).1983.
Wikipedia.org. Alcohol laws of the U.S. by state. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States_by_state.
- Developing an evidence-based Guide to Community Preventive Service—methods.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 35-43
- Preventing problems related to alcohol availability: environmental approaches.DHHS, SAMHSA, CSAP, 1999
- Controls on the physical availability of alcohol.in: Heather N. Peters T.J. Stockwell T. International handbook of alcohol dependence and problems. Wiley, Chichester, UK2004: 699-719
- Effectiveness of restrictions on availability as a means of preventing alcohol-related problems.Contemp Drug Prob. 1988; : 627-684
- Hours and days of sale and density of alcohol outlets: impacts on alcohol consumption and damage: a systematic review.Alcohol Alcohol. 2009; 44: 500-516
- Alcohol: no ordinary commodity-research and public policy.2nd edition. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2010
- Evidence for the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of interventions to reduce alcohol-related harm.WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark2009
- Strategic Task Force on Alcohol—second report.Health Promotion Unit, Department of Health and Children, Ireland2004
- Is there a causal relationship between alcohol use and violence?.in: Galanter M. Recent developments in alcoholism: volume 13, alcohol and violence. Plenum Press, New York1997: 245-282
- World development indicators 2006.
- The geography of availability and driving after drinking.Addiction. 1996; 91: 967-983
- Alcool, alcoolisme, alcoolisation—comment.Alcohol Health Res World. 1995; 19: 30-31
- Ten o'clock closing—the effect of the change in hotel bar closing time on road accidents in the metropolitan area of Victoria.Aust Road Res. 1969; 3: 3-17
- Changes in trading hours: ten o'clock closing and consumption of alcohol in Victoria.Econ Record. 1972; 48: 123-127
- Effect on casualty traffic accidents of the introduction of 10 p.m. Monday to Saturday hotel closing in Victoria.Aust Drug Alcohol Rev. 1988; 7: 163-166
- Effect on traffic accidents of introducing flexible hotel trading hours in Tasmania, Australia.Br J Addict. 1988; 83: 219-222
- Effect of extended alcohol serving hours in Reykjavik, Iceland.in: Room R. The effects of Nordic alcohol policies. Nordic Council for Alcohol and Drug Research, Helsinki, Finland2002: 145-154
- Impact of the new UK licensing law on emergency hospital attendances: a cohort study.Emerg Med J. 2007; 24: 532-534
Babb P. Violent crime, disorder and criminal damage since the introduction of the Licensing Act 2003. Home Office Online Report 16/07. 2007.
- The effect of the new “24 hour alcohol licensing law” on the incidence of facial trauma in London.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 46: 460-463
- Effect on casualty traffic accidents of changing Sunday alcohol sales legislation in Victoria, Australia.J Drug Issues. 1990; 20: 417-426
- Problematic licensed premises for assault in inner Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong.Aust N Z J Criminol. 2003; 36: 18-33
- Evaluation of the public health and safety impact of extended trading permits for Perth hotels and nightclubs.National Drug Institute, Perth1997
- The impact of later trading hours for Australian public houses (hotels) on levels of violence.J Stud Alcohol. 2002; 63: 591-599
- The impact of later trading hours for hotels on levels of impaired driver road crashes and driver breath alcohol levels.Addiction. 2006; 101: 1254-1264
- The impact of later trading hours for hotels (public houses) on breath alcohol levels of apprehended impaired drivers.Addiction. 2007; 102: 1609-1617
- Effect on traffic accidents of introducing Sunday hotel sales in New South Wales, Australia.Contemp Drug Prob. 1987; 14: 279-294
- Scottish licensing laws.Office of Population Censuses and Surveys, Social Survey Division, London1980
- Changes in Scottish drinking habits and behaviour following the extension of permitted evening opening hours.Health Bull. 1980; 38: 133-137
- Changes in licensing law in England and Wales and alcohol-related mortality.Addiction Res. 1995; 3: 151-164
- Changes in licensing law in England and Wales and indicators of alcohol-related problems.Addiction Res. 1996; 4: 245-271
- Road safety impact of extended drinking hours in Ontario.Accid Anal Prev. 2005; 37: 549-556
- Roles of commercial interests in alcohol policies: recent developments in North America.Addiction. 2000; 95: S581-S595
- The effect of restricting opening hours on alcohol-related violence.Am J Public Health. 2007; 97: 2276-2280
The names and affiliations of the Task Force members are listed at www.thecommunityguide.org/about/task-force-members.html.