Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Disaster preparedness among medically vulnerable populations.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 40: 139-143
- Constraints and barriers to public health adaptation to climate change: a review of the literature.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 40: 183-190
- Heat wave: a social autopsy of disaster in Chicago.University of Chicago Press, Chicago IL2003
- Come hell or high water: Hurricane Katrina and the color of disaster.Basic Civitas Books, New York2006
- There is no such thing as a natural disaster: race, class, and Hurricane Katrina.Routledge, New York2006
- Kunreuther H. Useem M. Learning from catastrophes: strategies for reaction and response. Wharton School Publishing, Upper Saddle River NJ2010
- Never saw it coming: cultural challenges to envisioning the worst.University of Chicago Press, Chicago IL2006
- Bright-sided: how the relentless promotion of positive thinking has undermined America.Metropolitan Books, New York2010
- (Anonymous)Why we don't prepare for disaster.
- As the world burns: how the Senate and the White House missed their best chance to deal with climate change.New Yorker. 11 October 2010; : 70-83
- Linking disaster risk reduction and poverty reduction: good practices and lessons learned.www.unisdr.org/eng/about_isdr/isdr-publications/14_Linking_Disaster_Risk_Reduction_Poverty_Reduction/Linking_Disaster_Risk_Reduction_Poverty_Reduction.pdf
- A survey of public perception and response to heat warnings across four North American cities: an evaluation of municipal effectiveness.Int J Biometeorol. 2007; 52: 3-15
- Climate change and health: Strengthening the evidence base for policy.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 411-413
- How risky is it, really? Why our fears don't always match the facts.McGraw-Hill, New York2010
- The social psychology of public response to warnings of a nuclear power plant accident.J Hazard Mater. 2000; 75: 181-194
- Understanding individual and social characteristics in the promotion of household disaster preparedness.in: Stern P. New tools for environmental protection: education, information, and voluntary measures. National Academies Press, Washington DC2002
- Communication and marketing as climate change-intervention assets: a public health perspective.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 488-500
- H1N1 influenza, public health preparedness, and health care reform.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 843-845