Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee report, 2008.USDHHS, Washington DC2008
- Physical activity and public health: updated recommendation for adults from the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007; 39: 1423-1434
- Sage, Thousand Oaks CA1999: 110-134 Physical activity and behavioral medicine.
- Correlates of adults' participation in physical activity: review and update.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002; 34: 1996-2001
- Adherence to physical activity recommendations and the influence of socio-demographic correlates—a population-based cross-sectional study.BMC Public Health. 2008; 8: 367
- Sociodemographic and geographic correlates of meeting current recommendations for physical activity in middle-aged French adults: the Supplementation en Vitamines et Mineraux Antioxydants (SUVIMAX) study.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 1560-1566
- Individual, social, environmental, and physical environmental correlates with physical activity among Canadians: a cross-sectional study.BMC Public Health. 2009; 9: 21
- Prevalence and demographic correlates of meeting the physical activity recommendation among Japanese adults.J Phys Act Health. 2009; 6: 24-32
- Physical activity and inactivity in an adult population assessed by accelerometry.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007; 39: 1502-1508
- Assessment of physical activity by self-report: status, limitations, and future directions.Res Q Exerc Sport. 2000; 71: S1-S14
- Using pedometers to increase physical activity and improve health: a systematic review.JAMA. 2007; 298: 2296-2304
- A meta-analysis of pedometer-based walking interventions and weight loss.Ann Fam Med. 2008; 6: 69-77
- How many steps/day are enough?.Sports Med. 2004; 34: 1-8
- Association between perceived neighborhood environment and walking among adults in 4 cities in Japan.J Epidemiol. 2010; 20: 277-286
- Accuracy and reliability of 10 pedometers for measuring steps over a 400-m walk.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003; 35: 1779-1784
- Pedometer measures of free-living physical activity: comparison of 13 models.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004; 36: 331-335
- Physical activity in the U.S. measured by accelerometer.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008; 40: 181-188
- Conducting accelerometer-based activity assessments in field-based research.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005; 37: S531-S543
- The National Health and Nutrition Survey 2007, 2010.
- Accelerometer-determined steps per day in U.S. adults.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009; 41: 1384-1391
- The report of the 4th Nationwide Person Trip Survey 2005, 2010.
- Understanding environmental influences on walking: review and research agenda.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 67-76
- Built environment correlates of walking: a review.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008; 40: S550-S566