Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Alcohol-attributable deaths and years of potential life lost—U.S., 2001.MMWR Morb Mort Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 866-870
- Updating estimates of the economic costs of alcohol abuse in the U.S.: estimates, update methods, and data.2000
- Driving after binge drinking.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 314-320
- Health, U.S., 2005 with chartbook on trends in the health of America, Issue 1232.2005
- Binge drinking and associated health risk behaviors among high school students.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: 76-85
- Monitoring the Future: national survey results on drug use, 1975–2008.in: College students and adults ages 19–50. Volume II. National Institute on Drug Abuse, Bethesda MD11-1-2009 (NIH Publication No. 09-7403)
- Incidence and total lifetime costs of motor vehicle–related fatal and nonfatal injury by road user type, U.S., 2005.Traffic Inj Prev. 2010; 11: 353-360
- Alcohol: no ordinary commodity—research and public policy.2nd edition. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2010
- Increasing alcohol beverage taxes is recommended to reduce excessive alcohol consumption and related harms.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 38: 230-232www.thecommunityguide.org/alcohol/IncreasingAlcoholBeverageTaxesRecommendedReduceExcessiveAlcoholConsumptionRelatedHarms.pdf
- Reducing excessive alcohol use: enhanced enforcement of laws prohibiting sales to minors.
- Recommendations for reducing excessive alcohol consumption and alcohol-related harms by limiting alcohol outlet density.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 570-571www.thecommunityguide.org/alcohol/RecommendationsReducingExcessiveAlcoholConsumptionAlcohol-RelatedHarmsLimitingAlcoholOutletDensity.pdf
- The effectiveness of policies restricting hours of alcohol sales in preventing excessive alcohol consumption and related harms.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 39: 590-604www.thecommunityguide.org/alcohol/EffectivenessofPoliciesRestrictingHoursofAlcoholSalesinPreventingExcessiveAlcoholConsumptionandRelatedHarms.pdf
- Effectiveness of policies maintaining or restricting days of alcohol sales on excessive alcohol consumption and related harms.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 39: 575-589www.thecommunityguide.org/alcohol/EffectivenessofPoliciesMaintainingRestrictionDaysofAlcoholSalesonExcessiveAlcoholConsumptionandRelatedHarms.pdf
- Digest of impaired driving and selected beverage control laws.(Twenty-fourth edition)
- Legal research report: laws prohibiting alcohol sales to intoxicated persons.
- The dynamics of deterrence.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009; 106: 14230-14235
- Alcohol outlet workers and managers: focus groups on responsible service practices.J Alcohol Drug Educ. 1999; 44: 60-71
- Precaution, compensation, and threats of sanction: the case of alcohol servers.Int Rev Law Econ. 2004; 24: 49-70
- Preventing problems related to alcohol availability: Environmental approaches.2010 (DHHS Pub. No. SMA 99-3298)
- Developing an evidence-based Guide to Community Preventive Service—methods.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 35-43
- Data collection instrument and procedure for systematic reviews in the Guide to Community Preventive Services.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 44-74
- Effects of tort liability and insurance on heavy drinking and drinking and driving.J Law Econ. 1995; 38: 49-77
- World development indicators 2006.
- Deterring drunk driving fatalities: an economics of crime perspective.Int Rev Law Econ. 1999; 19: 205-225
- Alcohol-control policies and motor-vehicle fatalities.J Legal Stud. 1993; 22: 161-186
- Alcohol policies and highway vehicle fatalities.J Health Econ. 1996; 15: 435-454
- Tort liability versus other approaches for deterring careless driving.Int Rev Law Econ. 1994; 14: 53-71
- Effects of alcoholic beverage server liability on traffic crash injuries.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2007; 15: 942-947
- Beer taxation and alcohol-related traffic fatalities.S Econ J. 1999; 66: 214-217
- Effects of prices, civil and criminal sanctions, and law enforcement on alcohol-related mortality.J Stud Alcohol. 1994; 55: 454
- Civil liability, criminal law, and other policies and alcohol-related motor vehicle fatalities in the U.S.: 1984–1995.Accid Anal Prev. 2000; 32: 723-733
- Alcohol regulation and auto fatalities.Int Rev Law Econ. 2000; 20: 107-126
- Reducing harmful alcohol-related behaviors: effective regulatory methods.J Stud Alcohol. 2000; 61: 402-412
- Alcohol-control policies and motor-vehicle fatalities.J Legal Stud. 1993; 22: 161
- The effect of enforcement upon service of alcohol to intoxicated patrons of bars and restaurants.Accid Anal Prev. 1994; 26: 79-88
- A campaign to reduce impaired driving through retail-oriented enforcement in Washington State.
- A cost-benefit analysis of enforcement efforts to reduce serving intoxicated patrons.J Stud Alcohol. 1995; 56: 240-247
- Alcohol and public health.Lancet. 2005; 365: 519-530
- The law and economics of public health.Law Econ Pub Health. 2007; 3: 391-430
Author affiliations are from the time the research was conducted.
Names and affiliations of the Task Force members can be found at www.thecommmunityguide.org/about/task-force-members.html.