Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The future of public health.National Academy Press, Washington DC1988
National Public Health Performance Standards Program State Public Health System, Local Public Health System, and Local Governance Performance Assessment. www.cdc.gov/od/ocphp/nphpsp/documents/Complete%20scoring%20methodology.pdf.
- Using the essential services as a foundation for performance measurement and assessment of local public health systems.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2000; 6: 1-18
- Local health department effectiveness in addressing the core functions of public health: essential ingredients.J Public Health Policy. 1996; 17: 460-483
- A screening survey to assess local public health performance.Public Health Rep. 1994; 109: 659-664
- A proposed method for assessing the performance of local public health functions and practices.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1743-1749
- Evaluating the performance of local health agencies.Am J Public Health. 1995; 85: 1295-1296
- Implementing and assessing organizational practices in local health departments.Public Health Rep. 1994; 109: 478-484
- Local health department effectiveness in addressing the core functions of public health.Public Health Rep. 1994; 109: 653-658
- Public health performance.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: 266-272
- Health care policy—outcomes research: measuring the end results of health care.Science. 1998; 282: 245-246
- Performance measurement: problems and solutions.Health Aff (Millwood). 1998; 17: 7-25
- New data, same story?.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2010; 16: 110-117
- The performance of local health departments: a review of the literature.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2008; 14: E9-E18
Erwin PC. Resources that may matter: changes in local health department expenditures and impact on state health measures. 2010 Keeneland Public Health Services and Systems Research Conference; 2010 Apr 21; Lexington KY.
- Practices in public health finance: an investigation of jurisdiction funding patterns and performance.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2004; 10: 444-450
- Getting what you pay for: public health spending and the performance of essential public health services.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2004; 10: 435-443
- Institutional and economic determinants of public health system performance.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 523-531
- Local public health agency capacity and its relationship to public health system performance.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2004; 10: 204-215
- Public health performance related to selected health status and risk measures.Am J Prev Med. 1995; 11: 55-57
- Local public health agency performance and community health status.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2006; 12: 522-527
- Community Health Status Indicators.
- National Public Health Performance Standards Program Introduction.
- Assessment of validity of the National Public Health Performance Standards: the local public health performance assessment instrument.Public Health Rep. 2002; 117: 28-36
- Content and criteria validity evaluation of National Public Health Performance Standards measurement instruments.Public Health Rep. 2003; 118: 508-517