Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Deaths and mortality.
- Executive summary of the third report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).Jama. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- Implications of recent clinical trials for the National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel III Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 44: 720-732
- Screening for lipid disorders in adults.
- Treatment with drugs to lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol based on an individual's absolute cardiovascular risk.Lancet. 2005; 365: 434-441
- Electronic health record-based cardiac risk assessment and identification of unmet preventive needs.Med Care. 2009; 47: 418-424
- General cardiovascular risk profile for use in primary care: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 743-753
- Laboratory-based versus non-laboratory-based method for assessment of cardiovascular disease risk: the NHANES I Follow-up Study cohort.Lancet. 2008; 371: 923-931
- Framingham Heart Study.
- A concordance correlation coefficient to evaluate reproducibility.Biometrics. 1989; 45: 255-268
- Screening for lipid disorders.
- Motivational effect of cholesterol measurement in general practice health checks.Br J Gen Pract. 1992; 42: 469-472
- Randomised controlled trial in northern England of the effect of a person knowing their own serum cholesterol concentration.J Epidemiol Community Health. 1994; 48: 22-25
- Health checks and coronary risk: further evidence from a randomised controlled trial.Bmj. 1995; 311: 1609-1613
- The effect of giving global coronary risk information to adults: a systematic review.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 230-239
- Risks of ischaemic heart-disease in familial hyperlipoproteinaemic states.Lancet. 1969; 2: 1380-1382
- Coronary artery disease in 116 kindred with familial type II hyperlipoproteinemia.Circulation. 1974; 49: 476-488
- By how much and how quickly does reduction in serum cholesterol concentration lower risk of ischaemic heart disease?.Bmj. 1994; 308: 367-372
- Patients' perceptions of cholesterol, cardiovascular disease risk, and risk communication strategies.Ann Fam Med. 2006; 4: 205-212
- Potential use of 10-year and lifetime coronary risk information for preventive cardiology prescribing decisions: a primary care physician survey.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 470-477
- National study of physician awareness and adherence to cardiovascular disease prevention guidelines.Circulation. 2005; 111: 499-510
- Expert panel on integrated guidelines for cardiovascular health and risk reduction in children and adolescents: summary report.
- Screening for lipid disorders in children: recommendation statement.
- Universal screening and drug treatment of dyslipidemia in children and adolescents.Jama. 2011 Dec 15; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Cardiovascular risk scores do not account for the effect of treatment: a review.Heart. 2011; 97: 689-697
- Validation of the Framingham coronary heart disease prediction scores: results of a multiple ethnic groups investigation.Jama. 2001; 286: 180-187
- Predicting cardiovascular risk in England and Wales: prospective derivation and validation of QRISK2.Bmj. 2008; 336: 1475-1482