- 1understanding the diversity of tobacco products;
- 2reducing addiction to tobacco products;
- 3reducing toxicity and carcinogenicity of tobacco products and smoke;
- 4understanding adverse health consequences of tobacco use;
- 5understanding communications about tobacco products;
- 6understanding tobacco product marketing; and
- 7understanding economics and policies on tobacco use and perceptions.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Smoking and health: report of the Advisory Committee of the Surgeon General of the Public Health Service.Public Health Service, Rockville MD1964
- Current cigarette smoking prevalence among working adults—U.S., 2004–2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1305-1309
- Cigarette use among high school students—U.S., 1991–2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 797-801
- Youth risk behavior surveillance—U.S., 2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep Surveill Summ. 2010; 59: 1-142
- State-specific prevalence of cigarette smoking and smokeless tobacco use among adults—U.S., 2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1400-1406
- Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, Pub. L. No.111-31, 123 Stat 1776, 2009.
- Ending the tobacco epidemic: a tobacco control strategic action plan for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Washington DCNovember 2010 (www.hhs.gov/ash/initiatives/tobacco/tobaccostrategicplan2010.pdf)
- Research priorities and infrastructure needs of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act: science to inform FDA policy.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 1-6
- Tobacco and nicotine product testing.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 7-17
- Researching opportunities related to establishing standards for tobacco products under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 18-28
- Postmarketing surveillance for modified risk tobacco products.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 29-42
- Research gaps related to tobacco product marketing and sales in the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 43-53
- Research opportunities concerning youth and the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 54-61
- Tobacco packaging and labeling policies under the U.S. Tobacco Control Act: research needs and priorities.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 62-74
- Sottera Inc v US Food and Drug Administration, 627 F3d 891 (DC Cir 2010).www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/D02F9D2CA50299F0852577F20070BCC2/$file/10-5032-1281606.pdf
- Tobacco Products subject to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Notice of proposed rulemaking. 76 Federal Register 130(7 July 2011):40061–2.
- Ventral striatal dopamine release in response to smoking a regular vs a denicotinized cigarette.Neuropsychopharmacology. 2009; 34: 282-289
- Experimental study of graphic cigarette warning labels: final results report prepared for Center for Tobacco Products, Food and Drug Administration.(Contract No. HHSF-223-2009-10135G)www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=FDA-2010-N-0568-0008;oldLink=falseDate: December 2010
- The role of the media in promoting and reducing tobacco use.DHHS, NIH, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda MDJune 2008 (NIH Pub. No. 07-6242)
- Comparison of recent trends in adolescent and adult cigarette smoking behaviour and brand preferences.Tob Control. 1997; 6: S31-S37
- Reducing tobacco use: a report of the Surgeon General.DHHS, CDC, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta GA2000
- The Regulatory Flexibility Act (5 USC Sec. 601–612) 1980.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Request for Application for Centers of Excellence for Research Relevant to the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.(Notice No.: NOT-DA-12-007)