Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- National school lunch program: Participation and lunches served.
- School breakfast program: Children participating.
- Nutrition standards in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs; final rule.Fed Regist. 2012; 77: 17
- Nutrition standards for foods in schools: leading the way toward healthier youth.www.iom.edu/Reports/2007/Nutrition-Standards-for-Foods-in-Schools-Leading-the-Way-toward-Healthier-Youth.aspx
- Nutrient analysis protocols: how to analyze menus for USDA's school meals programs.
- Plate waste in school nutrition programs: final report to Congress, Economic Research Service, USDA.
- Nutrition standards and meal requirements for National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs: Phase I. Proposed approach for recommending revisions.www.iom.edu/Reports/2008/Nutrition-Standards-and-Meal-Requirements-for-National-School-Lunch-and-Breakfast-Programs-Phase-I-Proposed-Approach-for-Recommending-Revisions.aspx
- Consumption of low-nutrient, energy-dense foods and beverages at school, home, and other locations among school lunch participants and nonparticipants.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S79-S90
- National School Lunch Program.
- Offer versus serve in the school nutrition programs—resource guide.
- Fruits and vegetables taken can serve as a proxy measure for amounts eaten in a school lunch.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 1019-1023
- Foods on students' trays when they leave the cafeteria line as a proxy for foods eaten at lunch in a school-based study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 407-409
- Changes in nutrient intakes of elementary school children following a school-based intervention: results from the CATCH study.Prev Med. 1996; 25: 465-477
- Impact of the Pathways intervention on dietary intakes of American Indian schoolchildren.Prev Med. 2003; 37: S55-S61
- School-based approaches to affect adolescents' diets: results from the TEENS study.Health Educ Behav. 2004; 31: 270-287
- Reducing obesity via a school-based interdisciplinary intervention among youth: planet health.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 409-418
- Retooling food service for early elementary school students in Somerville, Massachusetts: the Shape Up Somerville experience.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6: A103
- Rationale, design and methods of the HEALTHY study nutrition intervention component.Int J Obes. 2009; 33: S29-S36
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1549-1555
- Childhood overweight and family income.MedGenMed. 2007; 9: 26
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity among U.S. children, adolescents, and adults, 1999–2002.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2847-2850
- Sources of food group intakes among the U.S. population, 2001–2002.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 804-814
- Intake of added sugars and selected nutrients in the U.S., National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2003–2006.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2010; 50: 228-258
- The long-term impact of a chef on school lunch consumption: findings from a 2-year pilot study in Boston middle schools.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 927-933
- Salad bars and fruit and vegetable consumption in elementary schools: a plate waste study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1789-1792
- Food intake may be determined by plate waste in a retirement living center.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1142-1144
- Youth risk behavior surveillance—U.S., 2009.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 2010; 59: 1-142
- Methods for evaluating area-wide and organisation-based interventions in health and health care: a systematic review.Health Technol Assess. 1999; 3 (iii–92)
- School Lunch and Breakfast Cost Study-II: summary of findings.
- Child nutrition program operations study, second year report: executive summary. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis, Nutrition, and Evaluation.1992