Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Relation between consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks and childhood obesity: a prospective, observational analysis.Lancet. 2001; 357: 505-508
- Effects of soft drink consumption on nutrition and health: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Public Health. 2007; 97: 667-675
- Sugar-sweetened beverages and body mass index in children and adolescents: a metaanalysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 87: 1662-1671
- Ounces of prevention—the public policy case for taxes on sugared beverages.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1805-1808
- Soda taxes, soft drink consumption, and children's body mass index.Health Aff. 2010; 29: 1052-1058https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2009.0061
- Effects of decreasing sugar-sweetened beverage consumption on body weight in adolescents: a randomized, controlled pilot study.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 673-680
- Preventing childhood obesity by reducing consumption of carbonated drinks: cluster randomised controlled trial.Br Med J. 2004; 328: 1237
- State sales tax rates for soft drinks and snacks sold through grocery stores and vending machines.J Public Health Pol. 2008; 29: 226-249
- Associations between state-level soda taxes and adolescent body mass index.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 45: S57-S63
- Taxing soft drinks and restricting access to vending machines to curb child obesity.Health Aff. 2010; 29: 1059-1066
- Can soft drink taxes reduce population weight?.Contemp Econ Policy. 2010; 28: 23-35
- Determining the impact of food price and income changes on body weight.J Health Econ. 2008; 27: 45-68
- Impact of targeted beverage taxes on higher- and lower-income households.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 2028-2034
- Food prices and obesity: evidence and policy implications for taxes and subsidies.Milbank Q. 2009; 87: 229-257
- Sugar-sweetened beverage tax legislative maps.
- Politicians don't pander: political manipulation and the loss of democratic responsiveness.in: University of Chicago Press, Chicago2000
- Tides of consent: how public opinion shapes American politics.in: Cambridge University Press, New York2004
- Dynamic representation.Am Polit Sci Rev. 1995; 89: 543-565
- Quinnapiac public opinion poll.
- Public opinion poll.
- Mississippi public opinion poll.
- Public opinion poll.
- Philadelphia public opinion poll.www.yaleruddcenter.org/resources/upload/docs/what/policy/SSBtaxes/Philadelphia_SSBTaxSurvey_4.10.pdf
- Public opinion poll.www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/econ_survey_questions/march_2011/questions_other_taxes_march_27_28_2011
- The Harris Poll, no. 73.Adweek Media, 2010, Jun 2www.harrisinteractive.com/NewsRoom/HarrisPolls/tabid/447/mid/1508/articleId/402/ctl/ReadCustom%20Default/Default.aspx
- Social cognition.in: McGraw Hill, New York1991
- Is anyone responsible?.in: University of Chicago Press, Chicago1991
- Media framing of a civil liberties conflict and its effect on tolerance.Am Polit Sci Rev. 1997; 91: 567-583
- Framing: toward clarification of a fractured paradigm.J Commun. 1993; 43: 51-58
- Agendas and instability in American politics.in: University of Chicago Press, Chicago1993
Niederdeppe J, Gollust SE, Barry CL. News coverage of sugar-sweetened beverage taxes: pro- and anti-tax arguments in public discourse. Am J Public Health: In press.