Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Prevalence and trends in obesity among U.S. adults, 1999–2008.JAMA. 2010; 303: 235-241
- Health and economic burden of the projected obesity trends in the USA and the UK.Lancet. 2011; 378: 815-825
- The medicalization of chronic disease and costs.Ann Rev Public Health. 2012; 33: 409-423
- The costs of obesity in the workplace.J Occup Environ Med. 2010; 52: 971-976
- Lost productive time associated with excess weight in the U.S. workforce.J Occup Environ Med. 2005; 47: 1227-1234
- Obesity and presenteeism: the impact of body mass index on workplace productivity.J Occup Environ Med. 2008; 50: 39-45
- Annual medical spending attributable to obesity: payer-and service-specific estimates.Health Aff (Milwood). 2009; 28: w822-w831
- Employer health benefits, 2011 annual survey.ehbs.kff.org/Date: 2011
- Opportunities and challenges for promoting obesity prevention and control among small- to mid-size employers.
- Meta-analysis of workplace physical activity interventions.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 330-339
- Addressing obesity in the workplace: the role of employers.Milbank Q. 2009; 87: 101-122
- Workplace wellness programs can generate savings.Health Aff (Milwood). 2010; 29: 304-311
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of making weight watchers available to Tennessee Medicaid (TennCare) recipients.J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 28: 12-17
- Enrolling people with prediabetes ages 60-64 in a proven weight loss program could save Medicare $7 billion or more.Health Aff (Milwood). 2011; 30: 1673-1679
- Wellness programs and lifestyle discrimination—the legal limits.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 192-199
- Coverage of obesity treatment: a state-by-state analysis of Medicaid and state insurance laws.Public Health Rep. 2010; 125: 596-604
Sec. 1001. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Pub.L. 111–148) and Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (Pub.L. 111–152, 124 Stat. 1029). 2010.
- The law, policy, and ethics of employers' use of financial incentives to improve health.J Law Med Ethics. 2011; 39: 450-468
- Obesity and the workplace: current programs and attitudes among employers and employees.Health Aff (Milwood). 2009; 28: 46-56
- Employer and healthcare policy interventions aimed at adult obesity.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 44-51
- Comparison of telephone with World Wide Web-based responses by parents and teens to a follow-up survey after injury.Health Serv Res. 2011; 46: 964-981
- Use of web and in-person survey modes to gather data from young adults on sex and drug use: an evaluation of cost, time, and survey error based on a randomized mixed-mode design.Eval Rev. 2009; 33: 138-158
- An experimental comparison of web and telephone surveys.Public Opin Q. 2005; 69: 370-392
- Gallup Poll. 2011.
- Odds ratios should be avoided when events are common.BMJ. 1998; 317: 1318
- What's the risk?.Health Serv Res. 2009; 44: 288-302
- State- and payer-specific estimates of annual medical expenditures attributable to obesity.Obesity. 2012; 20: 214-220
- Screening for and management of obesity in adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.June 2012)
Section 4108. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Health Care and Education Reconciliaton Act. USA; 2010
- Exploring health disparities in integrated communities: overview of the EHDIC study.J Urban Health. 2008; 85: 11-21
- Social context explains race disparities in obesity among women.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2010; 64: 465-469
- Validity of self-reported height, weight, and body mass index: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001-2006.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6: A121
- Temporal changes in bias of body mass index scores based on self-reported height and weight.Int J Obes. 2012;