Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Traffic safety facts 2010: a compilation of motor vehicle crash data from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System and the General Estimates System. Washington DC: U.S. Department of Transportation, 2011. DOT HS 809 631.
- Graduated licensing and beyond.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: S324-S333
- Graduated driver licensing research, 2010-present.J Saf Res. 2012; 43: 195-203
- Introduction: teen driving.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: S258-S260
- Afterword: teen driving.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: S343-S344
- Teenage drivers: patterns of risk.J Saf Res. 2003; 34: 5-15
- Carrying passengers as a risk factor for crashes fatal to 16- and 17-year old drivers.JAMA. 2000; 283: 1578-1582
- Graduated driver licensing and fatal crashes involving 16- to 19-year-old drivers.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1098-1103
- Graduated driver licensing: review of evaluation results since 2002.J Saf Res. 2007; 38: 165-175
- Effectiveness of graduated driver licensing in reducing motor vehicle crashes.Am J Prev Med. 1999; 16: 47-56
- Graduated licensing laws and fatal crashes of teenage drivers: a national study.Traffic Inj Prev. 2010; 11: 240-248
- Graduated driver licensing laws and insurance collision claim frequencies of teenage drivers. Highway Loss Data Institute, Arlington VA2009
- California's graduated driver license law: effect on teenage drivers' deaths through 2005.J Saf Res. 2007; 38: 651-659
Fell JC, Romano E, Todd M, Jones K. National evaluation of graduated driver licensing laws. Lifesavers: National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities. Orlando, Florida, 2012.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Fatality analysis reporting system. Washington DC: U.S. Department of Transportation, 2010. DOT HS 809 631.
- Factors associated with young drivers car crash injury: comparisons among learner, provisional, and full licensees.Accid Anal Prev. 2003; 35: 913-920
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Motor vehicle registration and licensed driver information. 2006. www.iihs.org/laws/comments/pdf/fhwa_ds_atm_030906.pdf.
- Graduated driver licensing research, 2007–present: a review and commentary.J Saf Res. 2010; 41: 77-84
Bureau of the Census. U.S. Department of Commerce. 1990 to 1999 annual time series of state population estimates by age and sex. 1999.
Bureau of the Census. U.S. Department of Commerce. 2000 to 2009 state single year of age and sex population estimates. 2010.
- An introduction to splines for use in computer graphics and geometric modelling. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco CA1998
- Specific and long-term effects of Nova Scotia's graduated licensing program.Traffic Inj Prev. 2003; 4: 91-97
VicRoads. Young driver safety and graduated licensing discussion paper. 2005.
- Toward understanding the recent large reductions in U.S. road fatalities.Traffic Inj Prev. 2010; 11: 561-566
- Gas prices, beer taxes and GDL programmes: effects on auto fatalities among young adults in the U.S..Appl Econ. 2010; 43: 3645-3654
U.S. Energy Information Administration. Energy prices. Total Energy, 2011. www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/#prices.
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Effective dates of graduated driver licensing components. 2012. www.iihs.org/laws/pdf/gdl_effective_dates.pdf.
Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. License requirements for teens—graduated driver licensing, 2009. www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/teendriv.html.
Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration. Rookie driver program. 2012. www.mva.maryland.gov/Driver-Services/RookieDriver/default.htm.
Michigan Secretary of State. Graduated driver licensing. 2012. www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1627_60169_60175---,00.html.
- Applied time series analysis for the social sciences. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks CA1982
- Using multivariate statistics.Boston MA. 5th ed. Allyn & Bacon, 2007
- Interrupted time series analysis. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks CA1980
- Long term effects of graduated driver licensing in North Carolina.University of North Carolina Highway Research Center, Chapel Hill NC2007
- Graduated driver licensing in Michigan.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1593-1598
- Effect of Florida's graduated licensing program on the crash rate of teenage drivers.Accid Anal Prev. 2000; 32: 527-532
- National overview of driver education. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington DC2008
- Michigan's graduated driver licensing program: evaluation of the first four years.J Saf Res. 2004; 35: 337-344
- Does the Maryland graduated driver licensing law affect both 16-year-old drivers and those who share the road with them?.J Saf Res. 2008; 39: 295-301
- Teen driving—motor-vehicle crashes and factors that contribute.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: S261-S271
- A population-based study of crashes involving 16- and 17-year-old drivers: the potential benefit of graduated driver licensing restrictions.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 632-637
- Graduated driver licensing in Wisconsin: does it create safer drivers?.WMJ. 2005; 104: 31-36
- Contributing factors for young at fault drivers in fatal traffic crashes in Florida.J Trans Saf Sec. 2009; 1: 152-168