Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Mortality results from a randomized prostate-cancer screening trial.N Engl J Med. 2010; 360: 1310-1319
- Screening for prostate cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.BMJ. 2010; 341: c4543
- Screening for prostate cancer: an updated Cochrane systematic review.BJU Int. 2011; 107: 882-891
- Weigh prostate screening recommendations.All Things Considered. 2008;
- Specificity of serum prostate-specific antigen determination in the Finnish prostate cancer screening trial.Br J Cancer. 2007; 96: 56-60
- Cumulative incidence of false-positive results in repeated, multimodal cancer screening.Ann Fam Med. 2009; 7: 212-222
- Screening and prostate-cancer mortality in a randomized European study.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1320-1328
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Screening for prostate cancer. 2008. www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/uspsprca.htm.
- for the Shared Decisionmaking Workgroup Third U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Current methods of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: a review of the process.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 26: 56-66
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Screening for prostate cancer. 2011. www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf12/prostate/prostateart.htm.
- Screening for prostate cancer: a review of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 155: 762-771
American Cancer Society. American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer. 2011. www.cancer.org/Healthy/FindCancerEarly/CancerScreeningGuidelines/american-cancer-society-guidelines-for-the-early-detection-of-cancer.
American Urological Association. News center: AUA speaks out against USPSTF recommendations. 2011. www.auanet.org/content/health-policy/government-relations-and-advocacy/in-the-news/uspstf-psa-recommendations.cfm?WT.mc_id=EML6621MKT.
Carter HB, Albertsen PC, Barry MJ, et al. Early detection of prostate cancer: AUA guideline. www.auanet.org/education/guidelines/prostate-cancer-detection.cfm
- Mammograms, poor communication, politics.BMJ. 2009; : b5175
- News media coverage of screening mammography for women in their 40s and tamoxifen for primary prevention of breast cancer.JAMA. 2002; 287: 3136-3142
- The benefits and harms of mammography screening: understanding the trade-offs.JAMA. 2010; 303: 164-165
- Women's understanding of the mammography screening debate.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1434-1440
- Prostate and colon cancer screening messages in popular magazines.J Gen Intern Med. 2004; 19: 843-848
- Mammogram debate took group by surprise.The New York Times. 2009, Nov 20;
- Mammography and the media.Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2010; 14: 125
- The public's response to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force's 2009 recommendations on mammography screening.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40: 497-504
- In wake of mammography guidelines, U.S. health task force faces new scrutiny.The Washington Post. 2009, Dec 20;
- Prostate cancer screening—time to abandon one-size-fits-all approach?.JAMA. 2011; 306: 2717-2718
- Missing the mark on prostate-specific antigen screening.JAMA. 2011; 306: 2719-2720
- Grading the new U.S. Preventive Services Task Force prostate cancer screening recommendation.JAMA. 2011; 306: 2715-2716
- Primary care providers' perspectives on discontinuing prostate cancer screening.Cancer. 2012; 118: 5518-5524
Kotz D, Johnson C. Men are left to wonder as PSA test disputed. The Boston Globe. [Internet]. 2011, Oct 8:[2 pp]. www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/10/08/new_psa_testing_guidelines_prompt_debate_among_doctors/.
Jain M. False positives show need to adjust expectations for cancer screening tests. The Washington Post. [Internet]. 2011, Oct 31:[1 p]. articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-10-31/national/35279266_1_psa-tests-pap-smear-prostate.
- Enthusiasm for cancer screening in the U.S.JAMA. 2004; 291: 71-78
- Decision-making processes for breast, colorectal, and prostate cancer screening: the DECISIONS survey.Med Decis Making. 2010; 30: 53S-64S
- Uninformed compliance or informed choice? A needed shift in our approach to cancer screening.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011; 103: 1-6
- Promoting prostate-specific antigen informed decision-making. Evaluating two community-level interventions.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 87-94
- Durable improvements in prostate cancer screening from online spaced education a randomized controlled trial.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 39: 472-478