Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The obesity epidemic in the U.S.—gender, age, socioeconomic, racial/ethnic, and geographic characteristics: a systematic review and meta-regression analysis.Epidemiol Rev. 2007; 29: 6-28
- Prevalence of high body mass index in U.S. children and adolescents, 2007-2008.JAMA. 2010; 303: 242-249
- Introduction: safe and healthy school environments.in: Frumkin H. Geller R.J. Rubin I.L. Safe and healthy school environments. Oxford University Press, New York NY2006: 2-12
- Schools and obesity prevention: creating school environments and policies to promote healthy eating and physical activity.Milbank Q. 2009; 87: 71-100
- School food environments and practices affect dietary behaviors of U.S. public school children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S91-S107
- Competitive foods increase the intake of energy and decrease the intake of certain nutrients by adolescents consuming school lunch.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 215-220
- The school food environment and student body mass index and food consumption: 2004 to 2007 national data.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 45: S45-S56
- Junk food in schools and childhood obesity.J Policy Anal Manage. 2012; 31: 312-340
- Schoolwide food practices are associated with body mass index in middle school students.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 1111-1114
- Nutrition services and foods and beverages available at school: results from the school health policies and programs study 2006.J Sch Health. 2007; 77: 500-521
- School food environments and policies in U.S. public schools.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: E251-E259
- Creating healthy food and eating environments: policy and environmental approaches.Annu Rev Public Health. 2008; 29: 253-273
- Evaluation of Alabama public school wellness policies and state school mandate implementation.J Sch Health. 2011; 81: 281-287
- School district wellness policies: evaluating progress and potential for improving children's health three years after the federal mandate. School years 2006-07, 2007-08, and 2008-09.Bridging the Gap Program, Health Policy Center, Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago IL2010
- Geographic disparities in state and district policies targeting youth obesity.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 41: 407-414
- The strength of school wellness policies: one state's experience.J Sch Health. 2007; 77: 367-372
- Effects of federal legislation on wellness policy formation in school districts in the U.S..J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 95-101
School Nutrition Association. A foundation for the future II: analysis of local wellness policies from 140 school districts in 49 states. 2006. www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=8504.
- Strength and comprehensiveness of district school wellness policies predict policy implementation at the school level.J Sch Health. 2012; 82: 262-267
School Nutrition Association, School Nutrition Foundation. From cupcakes to carrots: Local wellness policies one year later. 2007. www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=8504.
- Factors affecting sugar-sweetened beverage availability in competitive venues of U.S. secondary schools.J Sch Health. 2012; 82: 44-55
- Are school vending machines loaded with calories and fat: an assessment of 106 middle and high schools.J Sch Health. 2011; 81: 212-218
- Availability of more-healthy and less-healthy food choices in American schools—a national study of grade, racial/ethnic, and socioeconomic differences.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 33: S226-S239
Johnston LD, O'Malley PM, Terry-McElrath YM, Freedman-Doan P, Brenner JS. School policies and practices to improve health and prevent obesity: National Secondary School Survey results, school years 2006-07 and 2007-08. Ann Arbor MI: Bridging the Gap Program, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research. 2011. www.bridgingthegapresearch.org/research/secondary_school_survey.
- The monitoring the future project after thirty-seven years: design and procedures.Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI2011
- Applied longitudinal data analysis for epidemiology.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK2003
- Applied logistic regression. 2nd ed. Wiley, Hoboken NJ2000
- Regression analysis of count data.Cambridge University Press, New York NY1998
- Applying the RE-AIM framework to assess the public health impact of policy change.Ann Behav Med. 2007; 34: 105-114
- A national snapshot of local school wellness policies.J Sch Health. 2008; 78: 562-570
- Statewide assessment of local wellness policies in Pennsylvania public school districts.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1497-1502