Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Healthcare via cell phones: a systematic review.Telemed J E Health. 2009; 15: 231-240
- Health and the mobile phone.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 177-181
- Health behavior models in the age of mobile interventions: are our theories up to the task?.Transl Behav Med. 2010; 1: 53-71
- Randomized trial of a mobile phone personalized behavioral intervention for blood glucose control.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 1934-1942
Gupta S, Chang P, Anyigbo N, Sabharwal A. mobileSpiro: accurate mobile spirometry for self-management of asthma. In Proceedings of ACM mHealthSys 2011; Article 1.
- Measures of physical activity using cell phones: validation using criterion methods.J Med Internet Res. 2010; 12: e2
- A text message-based intervention for weight loss: randomized controlled trial.J Med Internet Res. 2009; 11: 1-9
Ali A, Hossain SM, Hovsepian K, Rahman M, Kumar S. SmokeTrack: automated detection of cigarette smoking in the mobile environment from respiration measurements. In Proceedings of ACM/IEEE Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks 2012;269–80.
Plarre K, Raij AB, Hossain M, et al. Continuous inference of psychological stress from sensory measurements collected in the natural environment. In Proceedings of ACM/IEEE Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks 2011;97–108.
- Harnessing context sensing to develop a mobile intervention for depression.J Med Internet Res. 2011; 13: e55
- Short message service (SMS) applications for disease prevention in developing countries.J Med Internet Res. 2012; 14: e3
- iPhone apps for smoking cessation: a content analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40: 279-285
- An overview on assessing agreement with continuous measurements.J Biopharm Stat. 2007; 17: 529-569
- Clinical trials: a methodologic perspective.Wiley, New York NY2005
- Effect of the statistical significance of results on the time to completion and publication of randomized efficacy trials.JAMA. 1998; 279: 281-286
- Alternatives to randomized experiments.Curr Direct Psych Sci. 2009; 18: 299-304
- Experimental and quasi-experimental designs for generalized causal inference.Houghton Mifflin, Boston2002
- Whatever happened to n-of-1 trials? Insiders’ perspectives and a look to the future.Milbank Q. 2008; 86: 533-555
- The stepped wedge trial design: a systematic review.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2006; 6: 54
- Design and analysis of stepped wedge cluster randomized trials.Contemp Clin Trials. 2007; 28: 182-191
- Quasi-experimental trial of diabetes self-management automated and real-time telephonic support (SMARTSteps) in a Medicaid managed care plan: study protocol.BMC Health Services Res. 2012; 12: 22
Mohr DC, Duan N. Continuous evaluation of evolving interventions. mHealth Evidence Workshop, August 16, 2011, Washington DC.
- The Multiphase Optimization Strategy (MOST) and the Sequential Multiple Assignment Randomized Trial (SMART): new methods for more potent e-health interventions.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: S112-S118
Lizotte DJ, Bowling M, Murphy SA. Efficient reinforcement learning with multiple reward functions for randomized controlled trial analysis. In Proceedings of Inter Conf Machine Learning (ICML) 2010;695–702.
- Informing sequential clinical decision-making through reinforcement learning: an empirical study.Machine Learning. 2010; 84: 109-136
- Strategies sought for reducing cost, improving efficiency of clinical research.JAMA. 2011; 306: 364-365
- Upsurge in T-wave alternans and nonalternating repolarization instability precedes spontaneous initiation of ventricular tachyarrhythmias in humans.Circulation. 2006; 113: 2880-2887
- An application of a mixed-effects location scale model for analysis of ecological momentary assessment (EMA) data.Biometrics. 2008; 64: 627-634
- Probabilistic topic models.in: McNamara D. Dennis S. Kintsch W. Handbook of latent semantic analysis. Psychology Press, Oxford, UK2007
Lafferty J, McCallum A, Pereira F. Conditional random fields: probabilistic models for segmenting and labeling sequence data. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Machine Learning 2001;282–89.
Rabiner LR. A tutorial on hidden Markov models and selected applications in speech recognition. Proceedings of the IEEE 1989;77(2):257–86.
- Activity identification using body-mounted sensors—a review of classification techniques.Physiol Meas. 2009; 30: R1-R33
Rahman M, Ali AA, Plarre K, al'Absi M, Ertin E, Kumar S. mConverse: inferring conversation episodes from respiratory measurements collected in the field. In Proceedings of ACM Wireless Health 2011.
- Multi-sensor data fusion– an introduction. Springer-Verlag, Berlin2007
Mustang M, Raij AB, Ganesan D, Kumar S, Shiffman S. Exploring micro-incentive strategies for participant compensation in high burden studies. In Proceedings of ACM UbiComp 2011;435–44.
Estrin D, Sim I. Open mHealth. openmHealth.org/, 2010.
- Open mHealth architecture: an engine for health care innovation.Science. 2010; 330: 759-760
Raij AB, Ghosh A, Kumar S, Srivastava MB. Privacy risks emerging from the adoption of innocuous wearable sensors in the mobile environment. In Proceedings of ACM CHI 2011;11–20.
- Adaptive security and privacy for mHealth sensing.In USENIX Workshop on Health Security (HealthSec). August, 2011;