- Ramachandran A.
- Snehalatha C.
- Mary S.
- Mukesh B.
- Bhaskar A.D.
- Vijay V.
The Indian Diabetes Prevention Programme shows that lifestyle modification and metformin prevent type 2 diabetes in Asian Indian subjects with impaired glucose tolerance (IDPP-1).
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
American Diabetes Association. Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2012. Diabetes Care 2013;36:1033–46.
- Effects of diet and exercise in preventing NIDDM in people with impaired glucose tolerance. The Da Qing IGT and Diabetes Study.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 537-544
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitus by changes in lifestyle among subjects with impaired glucose tolerance.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1343-1350
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 393-403
- The Indian Diabetes Prevention Programme shows that lifestyle modification and metformin prevent type 2 diabetes in Asian Indian subjects with impaired glucose tolerance (IDPP-1).Diabetologia. 2006; 49: 289-297
- 10-year follow-up of intensive glucose control in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1577-1589
Casagrande SS, Fradkin JE, Saydah SH, Rust KF, Cowie CC. The prevalence of meeting A1C, blood pressure, and LDL goals among people with diabetes, 1988–2010. Diabetes Care 2013 Feb 15 [Epub ahead of print].
- Standards of medical care in diabetes—2013.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: S11-S66
- Utility of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force criteria for diabetes screening.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 45: 167-174
- Screening for type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 846-854
- Effect of early intensive multifactorial therapy on 5-year cardiovascular outcomes in individuals with type 2 diabetes detected by screening (ADDITION-Europe): a cluster-randomised trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 156-167
- 10-year follow-up of diabetes incidence and weight loss in the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study.Lancet. 2009; 374: 1677-1686
- Sustained reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes by lifestyle intervention: follow-up of the Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study.Lancet. 2006; 368: 1673-1679
- The long-term effect of lifestyle interventions to prevent diabetes in the China Da Qing Diabetes Prevention Study: a 20-year follow-up study.Lancet. 2008; 371: 1783-1789
- Translating the Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle intervention for weight loss into primary care: a randomized trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 113-121
- Translating the Diabetes Prevention Program into the community. The DEPLOY Pilot Study.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 357-363
- Lifestyle intervention for prevention of type 2 diabetes in primary health care: one-year follow-up of the Finnish National Diabetes Prevention Program (FIN-D2D).Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 2146-2151
- Economic evaluation of lifestyle interventions for preventing diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2010; 7: 3150-3195
- The 10-year cost-effectiveness of lifestyle intervention or metformin for diabetes prevention: an intent-to-treat analysis of the DPP/DPPOS.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 723-730