Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Behavioral intervention technologies: evidence review and recommendations for future research in mental health.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2013; 35: 332-338
- What is eHealth (3): a systematic review of published definitions.J Med Internet Res. 2005; 7: e1
- Behavior wizard: a method for matching target behaviors with solutions.Persuasive Technol Proc. 2010; 6137: 117-131
- Scaling up mHealth: where is the evidence?.PLoS Med. 2013; 10: e1001382
Houston TK, Frisbee K, Moody R, et al. Implementation of Veterans Affairs (VA) Mobile Health (Panel). Medicine 2.0. Boston, MA, 2012.
research2guidance. Mobile health market report 2013-2017: the commercialization of mHealth applications (Vol. 3). Berlin: research2guidance, 2013.
- iPhone apps for smoking cessation: a content analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40: 279-285
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Draft guidance for industry and Food and Drug Administration staff—mobile medical applications. 2011.www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/GuidanceDocuments/ucm263280.htm.
- Defining empirically supported therapies.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1998; 66: 7-18
- A stage model of behavioral therapies research: getting started and moving on from stage I.Clin Psychol Science Pract. 2001; 8: 133-142
- Managing clinical knowledge for healthcare improvements. In:.in: van Bemmel J.H. McCray A.T. Yearbook of medical informatics 2000. Schattauer, Stuttgart2000: 65-70
- Why don't we see more translation of health promotion research to practice? Rethinking the efficacy-to-effectiveness transition.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1261-1267
- Partnerships for the design, conduct, and analysis of effectiveness, and implementation research: experiences of the prevention science and methodology group.Adm Policy Ment Health. 2012; 39: 301-316
- Disrupting class: how disruptive innovation will change the way the world learns.McGraw Hill, New York2008
Kumar S, Nilsen W, Abernethy A, et al. Mobile health technology evaluation: the Mhealth evidence workshop. Am J Prev Med 45(2):228–36.
Duan N, Cheung YK. Design of implementation studies for quality improvement programs: an effectiveness/cost-effectiveness framework. Am J Pub Health 2013 (In Press).
- Selecting the highest probability in binomial or multinomial trials.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981; 78: 4663-4666
- Selecting promising ALS therapies in clinical trials.Neurology. 2006; 67: 1748-1751
- Adherence in internet interventions for anxiety and depression.J Med Internet Res. 2009; 11: e13
- A systematic review of the impact of adherence on the effectiveness of e-therapies.J Med Internet Res. 2011; 13: e52
- Patient participation in decision-making.Soc Sci Med. 1998; 47: 329-339
- Patient preferences and randomised clinical trials.BMJ. 1989; 299: 313-315
- Strengthening clinical effectiveness trials: equipoise-stratified randomization.Biol Psychiatry. 2001; 50: 792-801
- The National Institute of Mental Health Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) project: schizophrenia trial design and protocol development.Schizophr Bull. 2003; 29: 15-31
- On the likelihood that one unknown probability exceeds another in view of the evidence of two samples.Biometrika. 1933; 25: 285-294
- Randomized play—winner rule in medical trials.J Am Stat Assoc. 1978; 73: 840-843
- Simple sequential boundaries for treatment selection in multi-armed randomized clinical trials with a control.Biometrics. 2008; 64: 940-949
- Continuous Bayesian adaptive randomization based on event times with covariates.Stat Med. 2006; 25: 55-70
- Observational studies.Springer, New York NY2002
- The central role of the propensity score in observational studies for causal effects.Biometrika. 1983; 70: 41-55
- Reducing bias in observational studies using subclassification on the propensity score.J Am Stat Assoc. 1984; 79: 516-524
- Clinical and prophylactic trials with assured new treatment for those at greater risk: II. Examples.Am J. Public Health. 1996; 86: 696-705
- Clinical and prophylactic trials with assured new treatment for those at greater risk: I. A design proposal.Am J Public Health. 1996; 86: 691-695
- Alternatives to the randomized controlled trial.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1359-1366
Smith A. Mobile access 2010: Pew Internet and the American Life Project; 2010.