Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Economic control of quality of manufactured product.D. VanNostran Company, New York1931
- Juran J. Godfrey A.B. Juran's quality handbook. 5th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1999
- Evaluating the quality of medical care.Milbank Mem Fund Q. 1966; 44: 166-206
- Out of the crisis.MIT Press, Cambridge MA1986
- Accelerating patient-care improvement in the ED.Healthcare Financial Manage. 2003; 57: 38
- How Intermountain trimmed health care costs through robust quality improvement efforts.Health Aff. 2011; 30: 1185-1191
- The relationship between quality of care and financial performance in nursing homes.J Health Care Finance. 2003; 29: 48-60
- Managing costs through clinical quality improvement.Healthcare Financial Manage. 2004; 58: 76-84
- Introduction: quality improvement in public sector healthcare organizations.J Health Hum Serv Adm. 2004; Summer: 5-11
Institute of Medicine, Committee for the Study of the Future of Public Health. The future of public health. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 1988
CDC. National public health performance standards. 2012. www.cdc.gov/nphpsp/overview.html.
Leonard B. Highlights and conclusions. Proceedings of the conference Adapting Quality Improvement to Public Health; 2007 Feb 7; Cincinnati OH:1–13.
Public Health Accreditation Board. Public health department accreditation background. 2011. www.phaboard.org.
- Accreditation of public health agencies: a means, not an ed.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2007; 13: 329-331
- Exploring accreditation: striving for a consensus model.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2007; 14: 334-336
- Public health at center stage: new roles, old props.Health Aff (Millwood). 2006; 25: 911-922
- Public budgeting in 2020: return to equilibrium, or continued mismatch between demands and resources?.Public Adm Rev. 2010; 70: S24-S32
- Quality improvement interventions in public health systems: a systematic review.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 42: S58-S71
- National Profile of Local Health Departments.NACCHO, Washington DC2010 (August 2011)