Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- How many people are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender?.UCLA-Williams Institute, Los Angeles CA2011
- National transgender discrimination survey report on health and health care.National Center for Transgender Equality and the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Washington DC2010
- Tobacco use among sexual minorities in the USA, 1987 to May 2007: a systematic review.Tob Control. 2009; 18: 275-282
- A population-based study of sexual orientation identity and gender differences in adult health.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1953-1960
- Prejudice, social stress, and mental health in lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations: conceptual issues and research evidence.Psychol Bull. 2003; 129: 674-697
- A systematic review of mental disorder, suicide, and deliberate self harm in lesbian, gay and bisexual people.BMC Psychiatry. 2008; 8: 70
- Demonstrating the importance and feasibility of including sexual orientation in public health surveys: health disparities in the Pacific Northwest.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 460-467
- Equality from state to state, 2010: a review of state legislation in 2010 affecting the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, and a look ahead to 2011.Human Rights Campaign, Washington DC2011
USDHHS. 2020 Topics & Objectives. 2013. www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default.aspx.
CDC. Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. 2013. www.cdc.gov/brfss/.
CDC. BRFSS annual survey data, survey data and documentation, 2010 survey data, survey data information. 2012. http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/annual_data/annual_2010.htm#information.
- Development and validation of a 6-day standard for the identification of frequent mental distress.Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2011; 46: 403-411
- Relationship between body mass index and perceived insufficient sleep among U.S. adults: an analysis of 2008 BRFSS data.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 295
- Nonresponse to a question on self-identified sexual orientation in a public health survey and its relationship to race and ethnicity.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 67-69
- Determinants of body weight among men of difference sexual orientation.Prev Med. 2010; 51: 129-131
- Men’s sexual orientation and health in Canada.Can J Public Health. 2010; 101: 255-258
- Adult health behaviors over the life course by sexual orientation.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 292-300
- International differences in alcohol use according to sexual orientation.Subst Abus. 2011; 32: 210-219
- A review of obesity issues in sexual minority women.Obesity. 2008; 16: 221-228
- Sexual orientation and substance use among adolescents and young adults.Am J Public Health. 2011; 102: 1168-1176
- Dimensions of sexual orientation and the prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders in the U.S.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 468-475
- Sexual orientation, substance use behaviors and substance dependence in the U.S.Addiction. 2009; 104: 1333-1345
- Operational definitions of sexual orientation and estimates of adolescent health risk behaviors.LGBT Health. 2014; 1: 42-49
- Identity conflict or adaptive flexibility?.J Homosex. 1985; 11: 7-20
- Risk assessment of adolescents with same-sex relationships.J Adolesc Health. 2002; 31: 84-92
- Substance use and misuse: are bisexual women at greater risk?.J Psychoactive Drugs. 2004; 36: 217-225
- The prevalence of sexual assault against people who identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual in the U.S.: a systematic review.Trauma Violence Abuse. 2011; 12: 55-66
- A meta-analysis of disparities in childhood sexual abuse, parental physical abuse, and peer victimization among sexual minority and sexual nonminority individuals.Am J Public Health. 2011; 101: 1481-1494
- Disparities in adverse childhood experiences among sexual minority and heterosexual adults: results from a multi-state probability-based sample.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e54691
- Hate crimes and stigma-related experiences among sexual minority adults in the U.S.: prevalence estimates from a national probability sample.J Interpers Violence. 2009; 24: 54-74
- The impact of institutional discrimination on psychiatric disorders in lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations: a prospective study.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 452-459
- Effect of same-sex marriage laws on health care use and expenditures in sexual minority men: a quasi-natural experiment.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 285-291
- Religious climate and health risk behaviors in sexual minority youths: a population-based study.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 657-663
- Stigma as a fundamental cause of population health inequalities.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 813-821
- Best practices for asking questions about sexual orientation on surveys.University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles CA2009
- The health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people: building a foundation for better understanding.IOM, Washington DC2011