Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
U.S. Department of Agriculture. National school lunch program: participation and lunches served. www.fns.usda.gov/pd/slsummar.htm.
U.S. Department of Agriculture. Dietary guidelines for Americans, 1995. www.cnpp.usda.gov/DGAs1995Guidelines.htm.
- Meals offered and served in US public schools: do they meet nutrient standards?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S31-S43
Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Public Law 111-296, 124 stat., 3183. 2010.
- Nutrition standards in the national school lunch and school breakfast programs.Federal Register. 2012; 77: 4088-4167
- Meal programs questioned.JAMA. 2012; 308: 1849
- School lunch waste among middle school students: nutrients consumed and costs.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 114-121
- Salad bars and fruit and vegetable consumption in elementary schools: a plate waste study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1789-1792
- Food intake may be determined by plate waste in a retirement living center.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1142-1144
- An environmental intervention to reduce dietary fat in school lunches.Pediatrics. 1993; 91: 1107-1111
- The long-term impact of a chef on school lunch consumption: findings from a 2-year pilot study in Boston middle schools.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 927-933
- 5-a-day power plus: process evaluation of a multicomponent elementary school program to increase fruit and vegetable consumption.Health Educ Behav. 2000; 27: 187-200
- A randomized school trial of environmental strategies to encourage fruit and vegetable consumption among children.Health Educ Behav. 2004; 31: 65-76
- School food environments and practices affect dietary behaviors of US public school children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S91-S107
- Social inequalities in food exposure around schools in an urban area.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 39: 33-40
- Proximity of fast food restaurants to schools: do neighborhood income and type of school matter?.Prev Med. 2008; 47: 284-288
- Nutrition and school lunches.JAMA. 2013; 309: 973
U.S. Department of Agriculture. Estimated calorie needs per day by age, gender, and physical activity level. www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/USDAFoodPatterns/EstimatedCalorieNeedsPerDayTable.pdf.