Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60 (1413–17)
- Dietary guidelines for Americans, 2010. 7th ed..USDHHS, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington DC2011
- Dietary reference intakes for water, potassium, sodium, chloride, and sulfate.National Academies Press, Washington DC2004
- Death in the U.S., 2011.CDC, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville MD2013 (NCHS Data Brief. No.: 115)
- Relative contributions of dietary sodium sources.J Am Coll Nutr. 1991; 10 (383–93)
- Strategies to reduce sodium intake in the U.S.National Academies Press, Washington DC2010
- The importance of population-wide sodium reduction as a means to prevent cardiovascular disease and stroke: a call to action from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: 1138-1143
- Reducing the population burden of cardiovascular disease by reducing sodium intake: a report of the Council on Science and Public Health.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1460-1468
American Public Health Association. Policy statement database—implementing effective strategies to reduce sodium in the food supply. www.apha.org/advocacy/policy/policysearch/default.htm?id=1412.
- Diet, nutrition, and the prevention of chronic diseases.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland2003 (WHO Technical Report Series. No.: 916)
Center for Science in the Public Interest. FDA urged to require sodium reduction in food supply. cspinet.org/new/201201301.html.
- Lay people’s views of school food policy options: associations with confidence, personal values and demographics.Health Educ Res. 2006; 21: 848-861
- Support among U.S. adults for local and state policies to increase fruit and vegetable access.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 43: S102-S108
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2012 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2012; 125: e2-e220
- Effects of public-opinion on policy.Am Polit Sci Rev. 1983; 77: 175-190
- Enacting tobacco taxes by direct popular vote in the U.S.: lessons from 20 years of experience.Tob Control. 2009; 18: 377-386
- State legislators’ work on public health-related issues: what influences priorities?.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2013; 19: 25-29
International Food Information Council Foundation. 2011 Food & Health Survey: consumer attitudes toward food safety, nutrition & health. Washington DC: International Food Information Council Foundation, 2011. foodinsight.org/Resources/Detail.aspx?topic=2011_Food_Health_Survey_Consumer_Attitudes_Toward_Food_Safety_Nutrition_Health.
Garland R. The mid-point on a rating scale: is it desirable? Marketing Bulletin 1991;2:66−70, Research Note 3. marketing-bulletin.massey.ac.nz/V2/MB_V2_N3_Garland.pdf.
- Is sodium on American plates and minds? An assessment of consumer attitudes and behavior with respect to dietary sodium.International Food Information Council, Washington DC2011
- What we eat in America, NHANES 2009–2010, individuals 2 years and over (excluding breast-fed children), day 1 dietary intake data, weighted.Agricultural Research Service, Washington DC2012
Approaches to Reducing Sodium Consumption; Establishment of Dockets: Request for Comments, Data, and Information, Notice. Federal Register 76:179 (15 Sept 2011) p. 57050.