Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
CDC. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting system (WIQARS). cdc.gov/ncipc/wisqars.
National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention, Public-Private Partnership Advancing the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention. dev.actionallianceforsuicideprevention.org/.
- Research Prioritization Task Force.National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention, Washington DC2011
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention Research Prioritization Task Force.Crisis. 2012; 34: 147-155
- The Over-optimism among experts in assessment and foresight.Technol Forecast Soc Chang. 2004; 71: 341-363
- Expert advice for policy choice; analysis and discourse.Georgetown University Press, Washington DC1997
- Introduction and overview.in: Clark W. Matson P. Dickson N. Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development. National Academy of Science, Washington DC2008
- The challenge of governing knowledge systems for sustainable development.in: Clark W. Matson P. Dickson N. Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development. National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC2008
- The challenge of promoting use-inspired fundamental research: connecting science, society and managers.in: Clark W. Matson P. Dickson N. Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development. National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC2008
- ExpertLens: a system for eliciting opinions from a large pool of non-collocated experts with diverse knowledge.Technol Forecast Soc Chang. 2011; 78: 1426-1444
- Introduction to statistical analysis.3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1969
- Individual comparisons by ranking methods.Biomets Bull. 1945; 1: 80-93
- Non-parametric statistics for the behavioral sciences.McGraw-Hill, New York1956
Principal component analysis. 2012. http://support.sas.com/publishing/pubcat/chaps/55129.pdf.
- National Clinical Guideline Number 133: Self harm: longer-term management.National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health, London England2012
Haney E, O’Neil M, Carson S, et al. Suicide risk factors and risk assessment tools: a systematic review. In: Evidence-based synthesis program. Quality Enhancement Research Initiative. Portland OR: Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Health Administration, 2012.
Vios T, Carter R, Barendregt J, et al. Assessing cost-effectiveness in prevention. In: ACE-prevention. Brisbane St. Lucia Queensland Australia: University of Queensland, 2010.
- Suicide and homicide by people with mental illness: we still don’t know how to prevent most of these deaths.BMJ. 1999; 318: 1225-1226
- Epidemiologic surveys as tools for studying suicidal behavior: a review.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 1989; 19: 131-146
- Intervention research with persons at high risk for suicidality: safety and ethical considerations.J Clin Psych. 2001; 62: S17-S26