Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Tobacco Products. Public health focus—electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes). http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publichealthfocus/ucm172906.htm.
- Electronic cigarettes: a new “tobacco” industry? Tob Control. 2011; 20: 81
National Public Radio. E-cigarettes bring smokers back inside, for now. npr.org/2013/04/27/179490799/e-cigarettes-bring-smokers-back-inside-for-now.
Veppo, Inc. Veppo E-Cigarettes at 2013 Billboard Music Awards. veppocig.com/billboard-music-awards/.
Internet Movie Database. Demo Reel (Blu E-Cig National TV Commercial). IMDb. imdb.com/video/demo_reel/vi2066392089/.
- Forensic analysis of online marketing for electronic nicotine delivery systems.Tob Control. 2013; (In press)
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems in the hands of Hollywood.Tob Control. 2011; 20: 425-426
- Portrayal of electronic cigarettes on YouTube.in: Zeng D. Yang C.C. Tseng V.S. Smart health. Lecture notes in computer science. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, Germany2013
- Reduced harm or another gateway to smoking? Source, message, and information characteristics of e-cigarette videos on YouTube.J Health Commun. 2014; 19: 545-560
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems: a research agenda.Tob Control. 2011; 20: 243-248
- Private profits and public health: does advertising smoking cessation products encourage smokers to quit?.National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge MA2006
- Do smokers know how to quit? Knowledge and perceived effectiveness of cessation assistance as predictors of cessation behaviour.Addiction. 2004; 99: 1042-1048
- Diffusion of innovations.5th ed. Free Press, New York2003
- The precaution adoption process.Health Psychol. 1988; 7: 355-386
- The theory of planned behavior and smoking cessation.Health Psychol. 1999; 18: 89-94
- The process of smoking cessation: an analysis of precontemplation, contemplation, and preparation stages of change.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1991; 59: 295-304
- News media representations of electronic cigarettes: an analysis of newspaper coverage in the UK and Scotland.Tob Control. 2013; (In press)
- Use and perception of electronic cigarettes among college students.J Am Coll Health. 2013; 61: 149-155
- EffiCiency and safety of an eLectronic cigAreTte (ECLAT) as tobacco cigarettes substitute: a prospective 12-month randomized control design study.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e66317
- Effect of an electronic nicotine delivery device (e-Cigarette) on smoking reduction and cessation: a prospective 6-month pilot study.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 786
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2013; 382: 1629-1637
- The use and perception of electronic cigarettes and snus among the U.S. population.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e79332
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems: adult use and awareness of the “e-cigarette” in the U.S. Tob Control. 2013; 22: 19-23
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems: International Tobacco Control Four-Country Survey.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 207-215
- Use of electronic cigarettes among state tobacco cessation quitline callers.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 1787-1791
- e-Cigarette awareness, use, and harm perceptions in U.S. adults.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 1758-1766
- Awareness and ever use of electronic cigarettes among U.S. Adults, 2010–2011.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 1623-1627
- Electronic nicotine delivery system (electronic cigarette) awareness, use, reactions and beliefs: a systematic review.Tob Control. 2013; (In press)
- The health information national trends survey: research from the baseline.J Health Commun. 2006; 11: Svii-Sxvi
- Internet, mail, and mixed-mode surveys: the tailored design method.Wiley & Sons, Hoboken NJ2009
- Standard definitions. Final disposition of case codes and outcome rates for surveys.6th edition. American Association for Public Opinion Research, Deerfield IL2009www.aapor.org/Content/NavigationMenu/ResourcesforResearchers/StandardDefinitions/StandardDefinitions2009new.pdf
- Health-related Internet use among cancer survivors: data from the Health Information National Trends Survey, 2003–2008.J Cancer Surviv. 2011; 5: 263-270
- Health Information National Trends Survey 4 (HINTS 4) Cycle 2 methodology report.Westat, Rockville MD2013
Elliott S. E-cigarette makers’ ads echo tobacco’s heyday. The New York Times 2013, Aug 29. nytimes.com/2013/08/30/business/media/e-cigarette-makers-ads-echo-tobaccos-heyday.html.
Koch W. Big Tobacco back in TV viewers’ faces as FDA cuts in. USA Today 2013, Sep 4. usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/03/big-tobacco-tv-ecigarette-ads/2608427/.
Kesmodel D. E-Cigarettes spark new smoking war. The Wall Street Journal 2010, Aug 25. online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704557704575437710870116450.
- FDA summary of adverse events on electronic cigarettes.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 615-616
Parker L, Green R. Small number of e-cigarette batteries explode. NBC Chicago 2013, Oct 25. nbcchicago.com/investigations/Exploding-E-Cigarettes-229183561.html.
- Levels of selected carcinogens and toxicants in vapour from electronic cigarettes.Tob Control. 2014; 23: 133-139
- Short-term pulmonary effects of using an electronic cigarette: impact on respiratory flow resistance, impedance, and exhaled nitric oxide.Chest. 2012; 141: 1400-1406
- Acute impact of active and passive electronic cigarette smoking on serum cotinine and lung function.Inhal Toxicol. 2013; 25: 91-101
- Young adults’ favorable perceptions of snus, dissolvable tobacco products, and electronic cigarettes: findings from a focus group study.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 2088-2093
- Characteristics associated with awareness, perceptions, and use of electronic nicotine delivery systems among young U.S. Midwestern adults.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 556-561
- Smokers who try e-cigarettes to quit smoking: findings from a multiethnic study in Hawaii.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: e1-e6