Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The impact of psoriasis on quality of life: results of a 1998 National Psoriasis Foundation patient-membership survey.Arch Dermatol. 2001; 137: 280-284
- The epidemiology of psoriatic arthritis in Olmsted County, Minnesota, USA, 1982–1991.J Rheumatol. 2000; 27: 1247-1250
- The direct cost of care for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in the U.S..J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002; 46: 850-860
- Population-based epidemiologic study of psoriasis with emphasis on quality of life assessment.Dermatol Clin. 1996; 14: 485-496
- The prevalence of previously diagnosed and undiagnosed psoriasis in U.S. adults: results from NHANES 2003–2004.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009; 60: 218-224
- Psoriasis is common, carries a substantial burden even when not extensive, and is associated with widespread treatment dissatisfaction.J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 2004; 9: 136-139
- The prevalence of psoriasis in African Americans: results from a population-based study.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005; 52: 23-26
- Willingness-to-pay stated preferences for 8 health-related quality-of-life domains in psoriasis: a pilot study.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008; 59: 439-447
- Understanding the relationship between objective disease severity, psoriatic symptoms, illness-related stress, health-related quality of life and depressive symptoms in patients with psoriasis—a structural equations modeling approach.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2007; 29: 134-140
- Quantifying the harmful effect of psoriasis on health-related quality of life.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002; 47: 512-518
- Determinants of quality of life in patients with psoriasis: a study from the U.S. population.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 51: 704-708
- Psoriasis risk factors: role of lifestyle practices.Cutis. 2000; 66: 348-352
- Quality of life and treatment satisfaction among patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and patients with psoriasis only: results of the 2005 Spring U.S. National Psoriasis Foundation Survey.Am J Clin Dermatol. 2008; 9: 111-117
- The physical, psychological and social impact of psoriasis.J Health Psychol. 1997; 2: 525-537
- Work limitations and productivity loss are associated with health-related quality of life but not with clinical severity in patients with psoriasis.Dermatology. 2006; 213: 102-110
- Role of depression in quality of life for patients with psoriasis.Dermatology. 2007; 215: 17-27
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in psoriasis: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2003–2006.Arch Dermatol. 2011; 147: 419-424
- Relationship of psoriasis severity to obesity using same-gender siblings as controls for obesity.Clin Exp Dermatol. 2009; 34: 140-144
- Impact of obesity and smoking on psoriasis presentation and management.Arch Dermatol. 2005; 141: 1527-1534
- Increased prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis.Arch Dermatol Res. 2006; 298: 321-328
- Cardiovascular risk factors in high-need psoriasis patients and its implications for biological therapies.J Dermatolog Treat. 2009; 20: 42-47
- Psoriasis and the risk of diabetes and hypertension: a prospective study of U.S. female nurses.Arch Dermatol. 2009; 145: 379-382
- Relationship between smoking and the clinical severity of psoriasis.Arch Dermatol. 2005; 141: 1580-1584
- Risk of myocardial infarction in patients with psoriasis.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1735-1741
- Incidence and risk factors for psoriasis in the general population.Arch Dermatol. 2007; 143: 1559-1565
- Alcohol consumption and psoriasis: a systematic literature review.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013; 27: S30-S35
- Alcohol intake: a risk factor for psoriasis in young and middle aged men?.BMJ. 1990; 300: 780-783
NHANES 2003–2004 public data general release file documentation. Atlanta GA: CDC, 2005. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_03_04/general_data_release_doc_03-04.pdf.
CDC. NHANES 2005–2006 public data general release file documentation. Atlanta GA: CDC, 2005. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_05_06/general_data_release_doc_05_06.pdf.
CDC. Analytic and reporting guidelines: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES). Atlanta GA: CDC, 2005. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_03_04/nhanes_analytic_guidelines_dec_2005.pdf.
CDC. CDC HRQOL-14 Healthy Days Measure. www.cdc.gov/hrqol/hrqol14_measure.htm.
CDC. Chronic disease indicators: indicator definition, fair or poor self-rated health status among adults aged ≥18 years. apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cdi/IndDefinition.aspx?IndicatorDefinitionID=28.
CDC. Chronic disease indicators: indicator definition, recent mentally unhealthy days among adults aged ≥18 years. apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cdi/indDefinition.aspx?IndicatorDefinitionID=88.
CDC. Chronic disease indicators: indicator definition, recent physically unhealthy days among adults aged ≥18 years. apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cdi/IndDefinition.aspx?IndicatorDefinitionID=87.
CDC. Health- related quality of life (HRQOL) methods and measures: origins and use of CDC HRQOL measures and data. cdc.gov/hrqol/methods.htm.
CDC. Measuring healthy days. Atlanta GA: CDC, 2000.
CDC. 2003–2004 data documentation, codebook, and frequencies: body measurements (BMX_C). www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2003-2004/BMX_C.htm.
CDC. 2005–2006 data documentation, codebook, and frequencies: body measurements (BMX_D). www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2005-2006/BMX_D.htm.
CDC. Chronic disease indicators: indicator definition, cigarette smoking among adults aged ≥18 years. apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cdi/indDefinition.aspx?IndicatorDefinitionID=17.
- Co-occurrence of obesity and patterns of alcohol use associated with elevated serum hepatic enzymes in US adults.J Behav Med. 2012; 35: 200-210
- Past and current alcohol consumption patterns and elevations in serum hepatic enzymes among U.S. adults.Addict Behav. 2012; 37: 78-84
CDC. 2005–2006 data documentation, codebook, and frequencies: health insurance (HIQ_D). cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2005-2006/HIQ_D.htm.
- Health insurance affects diagnosis and control of hypercholesterolemia and hypertension among adults aged 20–64: U.S., 2005–2008.NCHS Data Brief. 2011; 57: 1-8
- The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measure.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 606-613
CDC. Task 2: when and how to construct weights when combining survey cycles. cdc.gov/nchs/tutorials/NHANES/SurveyDesign/Weighting/Task2.htm.
CDC. NHANES web tutorial frequently asked questions (FAQs). cdc.gov/nchs/tutorials/Nhanes/FAQs.htm.
CDC. Unweighted response rates for NHANES 2003–2004 by age and gender. Atlanta GA: CDC. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/response_rates_cps/RRT0304MF.pdf.2009.
CDC. Unweighted response rates for NHANES 2005–2006 by age and gender. Atlanta GA: CDC. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/response_rates_cps/RRT0506MF.pdf.2009.
CDC. Unweighted response rates for NHANES 2009–2010 by age and gender. Atlanta GA: CDC. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/response_rates_cps/RRT0910.pdf.2011.
- Epidemiology of psoriatic arthritis in the population of the U.S.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005; 53: 573
- The prevalence of psoriatic arthritis in people with psoriasis.Arthritis Rheum. 2009; 61: 1373-1378
- The impact of psoriasis on health care costs and patient work loss.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008; 59: 772-780
- Association of psoriasis with coronary artery, cerebrovascular, and peripheral vascular diseases and mortality.Arch Dermatol. 2009; 145: 700-703
- Economic burden of psoriasis compared to the general population and stratified by disease severity.Curr Med Res Opin. 2009; 25: 2429-2438
- Self-rated health and mortality: a review of twenty-seven community studies.J Health Soc Behav. 1997; 38: 21-37
- The skinny on psoriasis and obesity.Arch Dermatol. 2005; 141: 1601-1602
- Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in patients with psoriasis.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006; 55: 829-835
- Association of early-stage psoriasis with smoking and male alcohol consumption: evidence from an Italian case-control study.Arch Dermatol. 1999; 135: 1479-1484
- Excessive body weight and smoking associates with a high risk of onset of plaque psoriasis.Acta Derm Venereol. 2009; 89: 492-497
About Psoriasis: statistics. National Psoriasis Foundation website, citing Fowler JF, Duh MS, Rovba L, et al. The impact of psoriasis on health care costs and patient work loss. J Am Acad Dermatol 2008;59(5):772–80. psoriasis.org/learn_statistics.
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: a public health agenda.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 424-426