Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The health benefits of smoking cessation: a report of the surgeon general.USDHHS, Rockville MD1990
- Actual causes of death in the U.S., 2000.JAMA. 2004; 291: 1238-1245
- Mobile phone-based interventions for smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 11: CD006611
- The effectiveness of mobile-health technology-based health behaviour change or disease management interventions for health care consumers: a systematic review.PLoS Med. 2013; 10: e1001362
Task Force on Community Preventive Services. Increasing Tobacco Use Cessation: Mobile Phone-Based Interventions. thecommunityguide.org/tobacco/mobilephone.html.
North American Quitline Consortium. Results from the 2012 NAQC Annual Survey of Quitlines. naquitline.org/?page=2012Survey.
- Yale startup GoBlue offers a tobacco cessation app.Bloomberg Businessweek: Small Business, New York2013
- Text2Quit: Results from a pilot test of a personalized, interactive mobile health smoking cessation program.J Health Commun. 2012; 17: S44-S53
- Pilot RCT results of Stop My Smoking USA: a text messaging-based smoking cessation program for young adults.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 1388-1399
- Collecting saliva by mail for genetic and cotinine analyses in participants recruited through the Internet.Eur J Epidemiol. 2005; 20: 833-838
- The stability of cotinine in unfrozen saliva mailed to the laboratory.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1182-1223
- reCAPTCHA: human-based character recognition via web security measures.Science. 2008; 321: 1465-1468
- Measures of abstinence from tobacco in clinical trials: issues and recommendations.Nicotine Tob Res. 2003; 5: 13-26
- Outcome criteria in smoking cessation trials: proposal for a common standard.Addiction. 2005; 100: 299-303
- Measuring nicotine intake in population surveys: comparability of saliva cotinine and plasma cotinine estimates.Nicotine Tob Res. 2003; 5: 349-355
- The Fagerstrom Test for nicotine dependence: a revision of the Fagerstrom Tolerance Questionnaire.Br J Addict. 1991; 86: 1119-1127
- Treating tobacco use and dependence: 2008 update. Clinical practice guideline.USDHHS, Public Health Services, Rockville MD2008
- Social foundations of thought and action: a social cognitive theory.1st ed. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs NJ1986
- Impact of A Smoking Prevention Interactive Experience (ASPIRE), an interactive, multimedia smoking prevention and cessation curriculum for culturally diverse high-school students.Nicotine Tob Res. 2008; 10: 1477-1485
- Clearing the air: quit smoking today.National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD2008
- Smoking cessation support delivered via mobile phone text messaging (txt2stop): a single-blind, randomized trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 49-55
- Telephone counselling for smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; 3: CD002850
- Common predictors of smoking cessation in clinical practice..J Respir Med. 2008; 102: 1182-1192
- Biochemical verification of tobacco use and cessation.Nicotine Tob Res. 2002; 4: 149-159
- The validity of self-reported smoking: a review and meta-analysis.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1086-1093
- A randomized trial of Internet and telephone treatment for smoking cessation.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 46-53
- Characteristics of smokers reached and recruited to an Internet smoking cessation trial: a case of denominators.Nicotine Tob Res. 2006; 8: S49-S57
The World Bank. Mobile phone access reaches three quarters of planet’s population. worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2012/07/17/mobile-phone-access-reaches-three-quarters-planets-population.