Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Consumption of added sugars is decreasing in the U.S.Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 94: 726-734
- Trends in intakes and sources of solid fats and added sugars among US children and adolescents: 1994–2010.Pediatr Obes. 2013; 8: 307-324
- Low-fat milk consumption among children and adolescents in the U.S., 2007-2008.NCHS Data Brief. 2011; 75: 1-8
- Diet quality of Americans differs by age, sex, race/ethnicity, income, and education level.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 297-306
- Associations between the milk mothers drink and the milk consumed by their school-aged children.Fam Econ Nutr Rev. 2001; 13: 27
- Predictors of dietary milk fat intake by preschool children.Prev Med. 2001; 33: 536-542
- A comparison of dietary trends among racial and socioeconomic groups in the U.S.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 716-720
- USDA Economic Research Service—More Americans relied on food assistance during recession. 2013;
- The Great Recession: U.S. dynamics and spillovers to the world economy.J Banking Finance. 2012; 36: 1-13
The Nielsen Co. Nielsen retail measures. 2013; en-us.nielsen.com/.
- On the accuracy of Nielsen Homescan data.Economic Research Service, USDA, Washington DC2008
- Understanding differences in self-reported expenditures between household scanner data and diary survey data: a comparison of Homescan and consumer expenditure survey.Appl Econ Persp Policy. 2009; 31: 470-492
- Food companies׳ calorie-reduction pledges to improve U.S. diet.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 174-184
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Local area unemployment statistics [database on the Internet]. 2012. http://www.bls.gov/lau/.
- How does the business cycle affect eating habits?.Soc Sci Med. 2012; 74: 254-262
- Simultaneous statistical inference.McGraw-Hill, New York1966
- Dietary sources of energy, solid fats, and added sugars among children and adolescents in the U.S.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1477-1484
- Food category purchases vary by household education and race/ethnicity: results from grocery receipts.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 1747-1752
- Food store availability and neighborhood characteristics in the U.S.Prev Med. 2007; 44: 189-195
- The effects of race, household income, and parental education on nutrient intakes of 9- and 10-year-old girls. NHLBI Growth and Health Study.Ann Epidemiol. 1995; 5: 360-368
- Multivariate analysis of diet in children at four and seven years of age and associations with socio-demographic characteristics.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005; 59: 751-760
- Maternal and child characteristics associated with infant and toddler feeding practices.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S135-S148
- Family income and education were related with 30-year time trends in dietary and meal behaviors of american children and adolescents.J Nutr. 2013; 143: 690-700
- Estimating and addressing America’s food losses.Food Rev. 1997; 20: 2-12
- Total and per capita value of food loss in the U.S.Food Policy. 2012; 37: 561-570
- Consumer-level food loss estimates and their use in the ERS loss-adjusted food availability data.Economic Research Service, USDA, Washington DC2011 (Technical Bulletin No.: TB-1927)
- Trends in energy intake among U.S. children by eating location and food source, 1977-2006.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1156-1164
- Who Participates in Household Scanning Panels?.Am J Agric Econ. 2011; 93: 226-240