Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Combination of mass media health campaigns and health-related product distribution is recommended to improve healthy behaviors.Am J Prev Med. 2014; 47: 372-374
- Mass media health communication campaigns combined with health-related product distribution: a Community Guide systematic review.Am J Prev Med. 2014; 47: 360-371
- Special issue on cost-effectiveness analysis.J Health Commun. 2006; 11: S1-S73
U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Price Index—all urban consumers. data.bls.gov/PDQ/outside.jsp?survey=cu.
World Bank. World development indicators. data.worldbank.org/indicator.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating a condom promotion program targeting sexually active adolescents.AIDS Educ Prev. 1999; 11: 497-512
- Giving away free nicotine medications and a cigarette substitute (Better Quit) to promote calls to a quitline.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2006; 12: 60-67
- The Seattle children’s bicycle helmet campaign.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1990; 144: 727-731
- 10,000 Steps Rockhampton: evaluation of a whole community approach to improving population levels of physical activity.J Phys Act Health. 2006; 3: 1-14
- Reach, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of free nicotine medication giveaway programs.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2006; 12: 37-43
- Correlates of pedometer use: results from a community-based physical activity intervention trial (10,000 Steps Rockhampton).Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2007; 4: 31
- Cost effectiveness of the Oregon quitline “free patch initiative”.Tob Control. 2007; 16: Si47-Si52
- Cost-effectiveness of the Mpowerment Project, a community-level intervention for young gay men.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2001; 27: 482-491
- Increasing condom use among adolescents with coalition-based social marketing.AIDS. 2000; 14: 1809-1818
- Helmets for skiers and snowboarders: an injury prevention program.Health Promot Pract. 2007; 8: 257-265
- Translating research into practice: the dissemination and initial implementation of an evidence-based HIV prevention program.AIDS Educ Prev. 2006; 18: S119-S136
- Evolution of a successful community bicycle helmet campaign.J Am Board Fam Pract. 1995; 8: 283-287
Smith PK. Increasing bicycle helmet use in Michigan: A school-based intervention pilot program. Evaluation Report. Lansing MI: Michigan State Department of Public Health, 1991. www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED351329.pdf.
- Evaluation of community-based programs to increase booster seat use.Accid Anal Prev. 2008; 40: 295-302
- Offering free NRT through a tobacco quitline: impact on utilisation and quit rates.Tob Control. 2007; 16: Si42-Si46
- Head injuries to pedal cyclists and the promotion of helmet use in Victoria, Australia.Accid Anal Prev. 1988; 20: 177-185
- Effectiveness of a large-scale distribution programme of free nicotine patches: a prospective evaluation.Lancet. 2005; 365: 1849-1854
- Free nicotine patch giveaway program: 12-month follow-up of participants.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 181-184
- The cost-effectiveness of health communication programs: what do we know?.J Health Commun. 2006; 11: S7-S45
☆The names and affiliations of the Task Force members can be found at www.thecommmunityguide.org/about/task-force-members.html.
☆☆Author affiliations are shown at the time the work was conducted